Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi , I went with my wife in nov and we stayed in the san George complex.

Firstly along with the rest off Europe at the moment we found it really expensive!!!!

But if you look around there are a few bars that have half price happy hour or 2for1 deals , By moving between these bars as most seemed to be doing you can still have a good drink without it costing more than going out in the UK (first time ever a holiday pint has cost more than here in Southampton!!!!!)

The Dome bar was good for drink promo's ,food and entertainment.
The Office and Havana bars both had early happy hours.
The Windmill had a 2 hour 241 deal at around 8 pm
We ate at the Trafalgar a few times and found the cost and portion sizes/food standard good .
We ordered, But then made a swift exit from Tommy Nutters place as the food looked awful and lots were complaining and sending stuff back, Very rude staff too!!!!
Toni Romas ribs was good if a little pricey .
There is a Portuguese steak place they serve the meat on a stone , cant remember the name but that was very good and always busy.
There are lots of Chinese places, we tried a few and were not impressed. They all used spaghetti instead of real noodles and portions were small and overpriced.
We were enticed up into Slap and Tickle bar one night, it was empty expensive and boring, Give that a miss and go into the Dome over the road.

On the whole its not a bad little resort really,Have a walk and shop around and I am sure you will have a goodtime.
Hope this helps please feel free to ask for anymore info.

All the best J...
Thanks for you reply it was really useful. The wife has a friend who has just come back from tenerife, she also agreed that drinks were just as expensive as here in the UK.
We went to lanzarote last year and found it rather cheap to dine out. For a family of 4 eating starters and mains and a couple of drinks with a couple of jugs of sangria would come in between 45-60 euros. we were out every night and for most breakfasts, but it looks like we will need a lot more money this year to travel!
What time of year did you travel to costa caleta?
I would say you will be looking at a lot more than what you paid last summer this year.
2 English breakfasts with tea and coffee was around 18 euro. Evening meals for 2 with a couple of drinks 45-60 euro not anything fancy and maybe one shared starter but no dessert 2 local beers 1 glass of wine.

All Inc for us this year!!!!!!!!!!!

We were there in early November by the way
all inc is the only way if you have a tight budget! Did you find the weather and temps ok in november? we are off in june, just hope its just as hot as lanzarote last year.
Thanks you have been a great help, have you booked to go away this summer yet?
Yes we had great weather in November, but it cooled off in the evening.

Off to Corralejo in August but taking my little lad this time hence the need for AI , we would not normally go back to a place/island in quick succession but we got a really good deal so booked it.

AI in Europe is not really the norm for us as we like to eat and drink out but with an ever hungry and thirsty little lad in tow it makes sense this time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.