Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Have a look at Fado Rock , its very poular.
J...
Another good choice for nice steak and fish is the restaurant next to Fado Rock ( to its right if your facing them) sorry cant remember its name but we have been a couple times and excellent quality
thaks acorns will def give it a try we love fresh fish as well :tup
had a gorgeous sea bass with garlic butter there
can you help me and advise me of some good restaurants in costa caleta please :cheers
We are in Caleta right now and had a gorgeous meal at Fado Rock the other night. Looked expensive on the menu but the portions are HUGE!!! You really get your money´s worth and it was a very pleasant evening. :wink:
Been here a week now, so far we´ve eaten at Fado Rock, Mexican Corner, Metropolis, the Chinese upstairs near Piero´s, La Bodeguita... all meals have been lovely and service has been great. :-D
Fado Rock was very good.

The Dome was good for a pub type meal.

Tony Romas ribs was good but a bit expensive.

Good home cooked and varied menu at the trafalgar.

We had two chinese meals and were disappointed both times, both used spaghetti instead of noodles.

Tommy Nutters place was a shambles, we ordered waited ages and left before our meal came as lots were being sent back. Cant see why it gets a good review elsewhere it was rubbish!
:tup thanks cyberspacekadette cant wait to go 6 weeks n wednesday hope the weather will be good.

is there much to do in caleta? we are so used to corralejo
thanks all loos like its going to be fado rock then :sun2
Arrived home last night, had some excellent meals during our two weeks. As I posted before we ate at:
Fado Rock 10/10 (our favourite restaurant in town, we went on our first night and went back on our last night)
Mexican Corner 8/10
O'Connor's Steak House 10/10
Chinese near Piero's 8/10 (used spaghetti for noodles but still tasted good)
Metropolis 7/10 (just had burgers/toasties & chips one evening when we weren't very hungry, nice but nothing special)
La Bodeguita 10/10 (although service was slow)
Mambo Steak House 9/10 (set 3 course meal for 9€)
Slow Boat 10/10 (gorgeous banquet for 3, loads of food for 9€ each and BOGOF on drinks)
Mappy's 8/10 (didn't have a "meal", just wedges and dips, but still yummy; strange garlic bread though...)
Beer Garden 6/10

raych141 wrote:
is there much to do in caleta? we are so used to corralejo
We had a fantastic time, during the day you can go for some lovely walks to the Atlantico Centre (shops, bowling, Burger King, McDonalds and a lovely beach), or you can go to the harbour and try diving, jet ski-ing or go on the submarine, you can walk round the "windy rocks" to breathe in the fresh Atlantic air and see the chipmunks or you can browse the nice shops in several little shopping centres.
In the evening you have a few different areas (all within strolling distance of each other) to go for a drink. There is the area around Piero's (popular for Piero's entertainment), then there is the street where the Saturday market is held (Flower of Scotland, Rock Cafe etc); and then further down past the Barcelo hotels near the Castillo San Jorge/Antigua complex there is another centre with several pubs (The Dome, Slap & Tickle, Kings Arms etc).
Most evenings we stayed to watch the entertainment in Piero's and then when it got quiet there (around midnight) we would go up to Flower of Scotland for cheaper drinks :wink:
thanks for all that great info cyberspacekadette :tup

cant wait to go need a holiday soooo much :sun2
We love the Flower of Scotland - Brian is great on the Karaoke, a true performer !
Cheryden wrote:
We love the Flower of Scotland - Brian is great on the Karaoke, a true performer !
Unfortunately we only caught Brian (Crazy Legs) on the last 3 nights of our stay - he had been on holiday, so Andrea had done the karaoke for a couple of weeks. I agree though - Brian is the best, totally enjoys his job and looks like he's out there on holiday himself, not just working!
Yes, he had been back to the UK to see Tina Turner in concert.

I think he's great singing Kings of Leon, Sex on Fire.

I love Caleta, so much so, we have a holiday booked to Sorrento, Italy in September (1st visit to Italy) and I am in two minds whether to cancel it and return to Caleta. I just feel so at home when in Caleta.
thanks cyberspacekadette, lots of cracking info there! How were your appartments?
I'd be really grateful if we could try and keep this thread just for the discussion of CC restaurants :)

Thank you! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.