Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Cheers Plumb we aren't even back 12 hours yet and missing it all ready, just can't get enough of that fabulous island, so will deffo look out for that mate :tup

Regards
Sliema2
what a waste of time! i looked forward to watching the feature all week and what do we get? a bloody history lesson :x don't get me wrong i do appreciate the fact that malta holds so much history BUT a nice feature on the actual places/resorts etc would have be great! we got married at the radisson sas oct 05 and hoped that it might have shown spinola bay/st georges bay etc....but...sigh.....
In which case you have a great incentive to go back and see Spinola bay for yourselves, we were there last week and I can assure you it's well worth re:visiting and the weather was fantastic.

Regards
Sliema2
not the point i'm making - it would have been nice to see the places we have already been to but only because we enjoyed our visit - it's a shame that the programme was all arty farty because it was a good opportunity for some of the people who think that malta is just a "rock" or a "dustbowl" to see otherwise and maybe attract some new visitors who would normally go to greece/canaries etc..
I agree.

Malta/Gozo/Comino is a beautiful place and of course the historical side is stunning but it also has excellent diving, wonderful hotels, superb people and is a lovely place for a couples/elderly/families/in fact anybodys holiday destination.

These holiday programmes I personally think are not very good. They normally go to a really flashy resort or hotel that I will never have the money to afford! :D

Going off the subject a bit: :roll: there used to be a progamme on BBC2 in the past called The Travel Show. That was definately more realistic with destinations/hotels for all kinds of budgets. The presenter was Penny Junior. I must have only been about 10 or 11 when it was on but I thought it was great.
Meant to post ealier on this show. Have spoken to lots of people who would never contemplate a holiday to Malta. The show highlighted the great historical and cultural sites which lots of people would have never considered.

Cant believe the show didnt mention Cisk Lager though!
This evening Virgin Media / NTL World Channel 273 Place in the sun Malta and Gozo, now where's me cheque book.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.