Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
what program, what time and what side. many thanks
If its Holiday Hit Squad, its on BBC1 at 7pm on Thursdays.

They did mention earlier in the series that they would be going to Sharm at some point, but didn't see it this week so thought I might have missed the Sharm report.
I was looking forward to seeing this, but will be sitting on the plane on my way to Sharm El Sheikh when the programme is aired!!! :)
I'm looking forward to seeing this show too.

In last week's programme, Alice Beer was very negative about being sent back to Sharm again (she was there when the bomb went off in Dahab, and said that she didn't want to return), so I hope she gives a balanced view of the holiday.

U2fan
I fly out next sunday, so will be watching and hoping for a good, honest review....
Being out here I have no idea what the Holiday Hit Squad is or does and all I can add is....

Alice ?

Who the f*** is Alice ?

Sorry, but could nt resist that one !

Mind you, the beer seems tempting :wink:
Just to let you all know that for those of us living in God's paradise north of Hadrians wall, this programme is on Friday BBC1 at 7.30 pm.

:wink: :lol: :D 8)
Mind you, the beer seems tempting

She is quite tempting Swiss :wink:
Blimey Swiss Smokie and Roy chubby Brown...showing your age!!LOL :D
Smokie wasn't all that long ago, even I remember them. But Swiss remembers them when they started out being known as "Kindling & The Flints"! :lol: :lol:
Swiss - I've had a look on Google (images) for you, and she's either

or perhaps

*Edit images removed due to copyright Briar
Well, we had an RTL journalist staying with us recently who was a darn sight more attractive than BOTH of those !
Just a reminder that this programme is on BBC1 at 7pm tonight.

U2fan
Not as good as I'd hoped but could of been worse. The reviews from the actual holidaymakers in Sharm were very good though.

I guess we'll have to wait a few more months for the authorities to release the figures for May, June and July. Then, and only then, will we see if people continued to go to Sharm/Sinai/Egypt or not.
I thought the programme was quite interesting and balanced, and Alice was certainly more positive this week.

It's given us some 'food for thought' - it hasn't put me off going but I think my husband isn't 100% sold on the idea yet. He felt exactly the same when we were booked to go to New York a few weeks after 9/11. We didn't cancel (although many people did - the plane was virtually empty) and we had a fantastic holiday.

Unfortunately, you're at risk of terrorism wherever you go in the world these days, and my opinion is that you can't let it stop you doing the things that you want to do.

U2fan
I was at work and forgot to set the video :roll:

What was the programme about, just the effects of terrorism on tourism?

Pippy :D
Alice Beer had been at the Savoy in Sharm when the bomb went off in Dahab.The programme was to see if the British were still going and how the authorities had tightened up security.I felt totally secure when I stayed at the Conrad in November as on the way to Naama bay there were many check points.I thought the programme should have gone to Dahab.They didnt come to any conclusion at the end of the programme,both presenters saying they would go back but not take their children!.A bit stange I thought considering they live in London.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.