Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes you do wear a wristband unfortunately but my husband always managed to slip his off if we went out and about. ;)
Yes there is one colour for the adults and another for under 18s . The teens always seem to manage to swop them though for an adult band with others leaving for home and there seems to be a good trade of bands going on for those that want to get themselves a drink during the evening .
Yes the band system is always open to abuse,the best system I have seen is a card with your photo on it,and in the Dominican the wrist band had a serial number this was logged againt your name and room number,my wifes ripped and she had to sign for a new one.
Hi qatarman when do you go to the belcekiz beach. We go on the 29th june for 12 nights. Have you managed to book your seats yet, im still being told the july flights are not on the system.
Hi we dont go untill 1st weeek of September,check on the 17th of May the flights should be updated by then.
WE are looking at requesting the Annex how good are they at the hotel when requests are made???
Hi Qatarman
We stayed in the annex 2 years ago in early September. The rooms were large and comfortable with good air con. Big bathroom with bath, but no air con in there. Did get very warm. It is quieter and more secluded than the main hotel, although I'm sure the rooms there are fine too.
As for whether the hotel will honour your request, I think they would certainly try. The staff, without fault, were all helpful and courteous.
Go and have a wonderful time.
They honoured our request for two quiet rooms next to each other on the first floor and we were there at a time when the hotel was full.

I asked Thomson or Portland -cant remeber - to put it on the booking as a special request, but I then also emailed a few days before to remind them.

Our rooms were in the annex. Thought they were great, no bath, in our two rooms, but nice showers, although I remeber us as having aircon as I used to put it on the drown out Club Sun Citys evening entertainment. No real worries about this nosie though as it went off about midnight, but we often go to bed at 11. 30pm :oops: :oops: as not really party animals.

Doe :wave
The last two times we have been,I e-mailed them requesting specific rooms(first block in the annexe) we were allocated them both times. The hotel acknowledged our e-mail almost immediately as well. :wave:
Thank you all for your replies I have to agree about replies from the hotel I did email the them requesting info before christmas and got an instant reply and they even sent me a christmas greeting and we have never visted the hotel.
  • Edited by qatarman 2009-05-22 02:34:21
me and my husband fancy going next june looks lovely but dont want to stay in the hotel every evening we like to go for a walk and go to some bars wha t is around is their anywere around the hotel we can go of a night and is their any markets to go to lynn
Yes that is the beauty of this hotel. Within three or four mins you can be in Olu Deniz High Street with all the bars, cafes, little shops and resturants. When we stayed there we went out everynight after dinner. Mainly into Olu Deniz, but we also went into Fethyie one evening and up to Hisoranu a couple of times and to Kaya Koy the Ghost Village.

Doe :wave
Agree with Chris Lynn . Perfect location :)
Agree with Lyn and Doe
Its one of the real attractions of this hotel that you are in the middle of the resort within minutes
Best holidays I have ever had
Lally
Agree with all the above. Perfect location,best holidays I've had too. Can't wait for next years brochures to come out. Just hope we can afford it ;)
can anyone tell me if this year you have to pay for the a la carte restaurant, on previous years think you had to pay 4 lira a head towards it
thanks
Hi, yes I believe it's still the same but drinks are included in your AI. The only changes I am aware of to this year is you now have tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms and there is a new entertainment team. Have a fab time :wave:
As we are beach bums can we take drinks from the pool bar to the beach ie Pepsi ect.or is it too far to walk.
Hi, I have never seen anyone do this. Bottles of water, yes, but not other drinks. You could ask though as they do have plastic cups around the pool bar. It isn't too far to walk, you come out of the back of the hotel and you are on the promenade so you are virtually on the beach! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.