Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel is great and would be an ideal place for your honeymoon but would say a trip before hand just for a week would be invalueble when making such a big decision :sun2
I would say it's a lovely romantic setting for a honeymoon. Especially the plaza bar of an evening looking out to sea. I would have been happy to spend my honeymoon there :wave:
we have had a couple of aniversary there it was fab i would say romantic but the other half would think i have gone all mushy lol :tup
My daughter spent her honeymoon there and I emailed them and told them the holiday was for a honeymoon and they put wine and fruit bowl in their room on arrival. We have stayed there also a fantastic place.
Thanks for your help, sounds like this hotel maybe a good choice then for honeymoon. I think it looks really nice and as we havent been turkey before I would like the first time we go to be a nice experience. Any more info will be great, thanks :tup
Definately an excellent choice if it's your first time to Turkey . We loved the BB and hope to get there again at some point .

fantastic location , Excellent quality A/I
My friend's been there twice and is always raving about it :tup
It is a brilliant hotel, lovely setting, great food and wonderful staff. :tup

The only thing I would say is that from the last two weeks in July through August it will be full of families. Don't know if that will bother you or not for a honeymoon, but it might some. I would imagine early July or anytime outside school hols might be preferable.

Doe :wave
Only Hotel I have ever been to twice. Fantastic hotel, great location and a good introduction to Turkey. I echo Does comment about it being family rather than couple orientated in peak season. Only you know if that is a concern to you
Lally
Hi there
We have stayed at the Belcekis Beach Hotel and it is a good hotel. Its large and right on the beachfront but there are no sea views from rooms as its sunk down below sea level. The breakfasts are great lots of choice but I would highly recommend that you go B&B only as the food in the evening isn't that good and there are so many really nice and romantic restuarants in Olu Deniz. There is a great chill out bar
along the promenade go upstairs and try the amazing cocktails whilts sitting on big cushioned seats overlooing the amazing beach. Do go to the Blue Lagoon at the end of the beach its well worth it.,Its sandy and like a warm bath. The beach that fronts the hotel is very pebbly and the sea is clear. The pool at the hotel is very busy and when we went at the end of June there were still lots of children!!!!
We didn't stay by the pool much as found the 'entertainment team' annoying and much prefer the beautiful beach.
Also go up to the nearest town of Hisanarou its only 5mins by Dolmus or taxi and its a bustling village/town with many great bars and good restaurants.
Another must is a boat trip -they go from the beach. Book direct with them,much cheaper than the reps. Must do the Lazy Day cruise ,especially the one to Cleopatras Bath - wonderful relaxing day out, stopping at the most amazing beaches and places for swimming and barbecue lunch.
I could go on and on!!!! If you have any other questions the hotel or the area please just ask.
Hope that you have a wonderful time.
Wendi The BB has been all inclusive for a few years now and the food is superb. When did you stay there ??.
Hi Lyn
I was going to say that as well. But then worried that it might have gone downhill since I went three years ago. We thought the food was some of the best we have had in this style of hotel. If I was going on honeymoon it wouldn't be the food that was an issue for me, more the family nature of the hotel. Although you are pretty secluded in the annex and there is the newish quite pool which was nice.
I agree about it being very much a family hotel Chris although I wouldnt say there were a great many small children when we were there and I dont think theres necessarily much there for them either . That could be because the rooms only take a max of 3 so if it's a family with 2 smallish children it probably wouldnt suit . We found it to be more mid teens but if the OP was to go earlier in July I cant see many of them being around due to the restrictions schools are putting on holidays out of term time now .

lyn
Sorry Wendililac couldn't disagree with you more. The food at Belcekiz is outstanding and in my opinion gets better each timr I visit. As well as the fabulous buffet section, they have themed evenings which include a carvery, curry night, chinese night etc and the chefs appear with whole dressed salmon. All this on top of their traditional Turkish cuisine and lets not forget their deserts!
As for the entertainment team,they are one of the nicest bunches of people I have ever met in my life.
You are right Lyn and Chris,this hotel has been AI for a few years now. The fact that it gets booked up virtually as the brochures come out, and the number of return guests year after year speaks volumes.
This hotel is not cheap and I really think if the food were bad people would not pay to return would they? :que Never seen a review that says the food is bad either :tup
Thanks for the info guys, really really helpful, as we havent been before I dont have a clue about Turkey. Does sound very nice and we are looking to go first week of July so hopefully that will mean before the kids etc take over! Thanks again :tup
I'm sure you will enjoy it :tup I think the person who mentioned the poor food can't have been for a few years. The food is excellent, as said above it's quite an expensive hotel and I dont think people would return year after year if the food wasn't top dollar. It's still a buffet at the end of the day, but there is show cooking, carved hot meats, gorgeous salads, lovely fruit, yummy desserts the list is endless really. ;) Its not a pie and mash or chips with everything kind of place, the food is international, and they often have Turkish options.
I agree Chris . I think it would be a very good choice for beginning July. I'm assuming wendi went when the Belcekiz was just a B+B .It only changed to A/I a few years ago.
Yes it was a few years ago when we went. So apoligies for any mis information. The food in the evening was Ok - not bad, just mass produced buffet style. Howewer, having looked at what they charge now for A/I, I don't think it is worth it and its over-priced. We prefer to have the choice of the many good local restaurants and not tobe confined to the hotel, but its down to individual choice of course and the hotel itself is very nice in a wonderful setting.
Hi

I am returning to olu for the 3rd time this year and love it, it is a great honeymoon destination, I went to mexico for my honeymoon and still wish I'd chosen turkey instead, as for the belcekiz have only been there to eat (we went for our anniversary meal) and it was amazing; great food and great surroundings.

Just to throw another suggestion, Lykia World may be a good idea for a really special event such as a honeymoon, I've never been but the reviews are outstanding and it seems quite special.

Have a fantastic wedding day and don't get too stressed with all the planning. Happy Honeymooning :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.