Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Emma I'm sure I've heard of mosquitoes being a nuisance in that area. I'd definitely take good precautions. I use Odomos & Mosquito Milk both are excellent. The Milk is great as it's a roll on & just needs a few stripes so, if you're lazy with applying creams like me 😉 it's ideal.
Is it just in that area of alcudia because of the lake or is the whole of alcudia like it? Thanks
Emma
if you book, take garlic capsules a fortnight before your holidays and continue to take during them. I used to be badly bitten - literally up to 30 bites on a leg. Since I have started taking garlic, I either get no bites or just a stray one. Make sure they are the odourless ones!:-D
I'm not sure Emma but I do know mosquitoes like stagnant water (I think bushes as well). Friends of ours stayed in an apartment close to a pool, they were bitten to death. Others, away from the pool were ok.

Try Google for more info on mosquitoes Majorca, as it may help more than I can 😁
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.