Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Go every year end of September - 6/7 October, weather is great of a day, mild of a night. Most of the bars/clubs still open just a little less packed which suits me fine!!
Hi Everyone,

I am planning on booking a trip to benidorm for 5 nights, 1st week in October with a friend.

Can someone give me a general run down on what it is like that time of year....

Is the night life still busy?

Are there many tourists at this time of year?

What is the weather/temperature likely to be like?

Cheers
Leigh
Can anyone please tell me what the Costa Blanca (particularly Benidorm) is like in the first two week of October.

I am thinking in terms of weather, cost, entertainment and livelyness. My wife and I love benidorm and usually end up in one of the caberet bars (wooky hollow and the like) are these still open?
hi we were in benidorm the first week of october last year and it was lovely, needed a light jacket at night. all the cabaret bars were open ans some excellent acts.
:D We too were there last oct (2nd-9th), and the weather was really hot, we were so surprised, as we didn't expect it to be so hot! Going again this oct (3rd), so keeping our fingers crossed for the same kind of weather!

Regards, BBB
hi we always go benidorm from 29 sept to 13 october and everything is open and weather is great nice and warm always come back with a tan we are staying at hotel orange
I love Benidorm in October, usually go around the 16th but going on the 5th this time. Our friends are there now for the first time, they never fancied going cos of the usual "like Blackpool" stories. But they love it and when they come home they're booking to come with us in October. Can't wait to go!!
We are going to Benidorm for a week from 6th to 13th October. I understand there may be a fiesta at this time, Moors-v-Christians.
What can we expect and where are events?
Any information gratefully received. Do places shut while it is on?
Thanks
We are going to Benidorm in Oct (Sol Pelicanos). I noticed earlier in this thread that there was a jellyfish "epidemic". Is this still the case or have they gone off somewhere else for thier holidays this year?
I believe they have gone to Majorca this summer, as there was too much building work going in Benidorm this year.

David :wave
:lol: @ David...was that a late availability then? hope they got a good deal for Majorca :rofl

The hunt for the jellyfish is on :wink:

The ministry of the environment and Benidorm Town Hall have taken this issue very seriously and there are huge nets positioned all through Benidorm bay to catch the little beggars.
There are 2 boats stationed in the port that when the jellyfish are spotted out at sea by other boats, the information/location is sent back, the alarm goes off and these 2 boats set off to the location with huge nets to catch them before they make it to land.

If the plan don't work out, then they will place warning flags on the beaches and will also give out antihistamines, via the lifeguards and a group of volunteers.
Apparently, the alarm went off for the first time at the end of July during high seas near Beni....I don't have any recent updates....so maybe the plan is working.?

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if other resorts are taking these measures.?
Anybody actually seen a flag warning that jellyfish are around.?
I believe the new flag is white with 2 "squiggle like" symbols in blue.

Good old Benidorm, don't you just love the place,?
and the collective noun for jellyfish is...?

A smack :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Glad we didn't choose Majorca then David! :lol:

Thanks sanji, very helpful as usual. :D Doesn't sound like we need to worry about that wee problem then.
David...was that a late availability then? hope they got a good deal for Majorca

Actually, I think it was one of those dodgy AOA Balearic deals where they all thought they were guaranteed a seafront location in Majorca, but some ended up in Menorca instead. Not sure if that was due to overbooking, or if the tour operator perhaps decided that it would be best to split up such a large menacing group. It may not be a 'plague' or 'epidemic', but we do currently have discussion about them in each of those resort forums.

David :wave
Hi
I'm off to Benidorm for a week (with hubby and son who will have his 14th b/day over there) - arrive Sun 28th Oct
We've never been before so looking forward to the experience :D
hoping for some decent weather *crosses fingers*
We will be staying in Magic villa de Benidorm which seems a decent place judging by countless reviews i've read.
just got to sort out transfers then start counting the sleeps lol (ok i'll start with weeks :hyper )
I know this question has been asked before, but really, what sort of weather would you expect right at the end of October into the beginning of November (from 25th-ish Oct to around 4th-5th Nov)?
We've already had our holidays this year, but after a particularly traumatic incident last week involving my darling teenage daughter, I feel we deserve to squeeze in another break before xmas. Obviously my first impulse was to look at the Canaries, but Benidorm kept coming up so much cheaper - is this because the weather is less than good in late October? What about theme parks (Terra Mitica etc)? Are they closed during the winter season?
Still not definitely going anywhere, lots of things (half-term dates etc) to check up on first, but if we do decide to go somewhere then it needs to be pretty special to cheer us up after a difficult week, so obviously weather and local attractions are important. Haven't been to Benidorm since I was about 19, and as I said before, I'm more inclined to go for the Canaries because we've been there quite a few times at various times of the year and know what to expect.
Thislink has daily averages for the end of October, and this one is for the beginning of November.

Not bad averages. 16 - 17 C so that will be quite a bit warmer in the day. It was lovely at that time of year last year.
Hi there

It looks like after mid September Terra Mitica is only open on weekends up until 4th November, then closed for the winter.

Regards

Sarah
Thanks for the info - it looks as though October and November have the most rainfall. Still not decided what to do yet. :? Is the sun hot enough for bikinis/sunbathing, or is it t-shirt weather?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.