Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Benidorm is a huge resort. There are parts of it to suit anyone who isn't looking for a quiet, cultural holiday. What you see depends very much on where you go, some parts are as "tacky" as they have ever been, others are not. There are restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets. It is not a "cheap" place compared to the likes of Bulgaria but it's cheaper than most of the Med, just because of the amount of competition for business. If you look at the selling prices of apartments in the town you'll quickly see that the Spanish people who own most them are NOT short of money. They find plenty to do without ever going near the resort's seedy British underbelly! Personally speaking, it is the entertainment that makes the place for me. Holiday reps and waiters "putting on a show", as in other resorts, does nothing for me.
Crime is no more a problem than any other densely populated town. Act sensibly and you'll be OK, stagger around alone at 4am and you'll get robbed.
GOi though it was tacky and full of numptys and would never go that was until this year when me my wife and 10year old went in august for our first visit and WOW. we all thought it was the best holiday ever(should of listened to my mother she has been going for years) we stayed out until 2am nearly every night and there was still loads of familys going about at that time even in the square. the drink and food was the cheapest of any of the resorts we have been to in spain and we never seen any bother or anything as they say never judge a book by its cover just go and you wiill enjoy. we are going back again next year

yours a happy fatboy :D :D :D
:D Hi, got to say it's the best place I have ever been! Been three times in last year!

Before I went, i have to admit, I had never fancied going before, it's only through pure luck, that we were wanting a cheap late deal,last year,and the only one we could find was for benidorm, even then I was humming and arring, but got to say it's best decision I ever made (because I can't keep away from the place now!). Compared to the other costas, canaries, and greece, benidorm (in my opinion), is far cheaper for eating out, drinks,etc...plus the entertainment is absolutely fabulous, something for all ages, the beach is gorgeous, lovely and clean.

As other's have mentioned, there is no more of a risk in benidorm of being pick pocketed, than there is in your local town, just be as careful there, as you would be at home.

Regards, BBB.
I had the same thoughts before I first went 4 years ago and I have been 9 times since!!. As somebody has mentioned above it caters for all age groups and I can honestly say that I have never seen any trouble (And I am an out till 5am person!) with holidaymakers. Pickpockets will operate in any resort where large groups of tourists are Benidorm is no different. Go with an open mind and you will return time and time again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.