Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Best buys
14 Posts
Perfume and aftershave at Algarve shopping in Guia were really cheap (100ml Chanel Platinum aftershave for €30)

My wife bought loads of sandals/shoes at around €13 and everyone back home is asklng where she got them. DShe wishes she had bought more.

Leather hanbags (looked okay but then again I'm a bloke!) started from €10 on the roadside stalls.

There are loads of jewllery shops in Algarve Shopping and around the Old Town. My Wife's fave is Blue Spirit on the ground floor, strangely enough where we bumped into Kate and Gerry Mc.Cann just before they flew out to meet the Pope.

You wont be stuck for shopping thats for sure.

Lummie :D
Some lovely shops in the old town around the square which i will be sure to be visiting! Great for jewelry,bags,belts etc Great if your a woman, men would perhaps be less interested!
Are these places near Praia da Rocha????
No, 'cos the original question was about Albufeira... :wink:

Lots at Pria da Rocha and in nearby Portimao too for the shopaholic.
Well, as i've never been to Portugal, I wouldnt know how far Albuferia and Praia da Rocha are from each other, thought being able to ask questions were the main reason for using forums, well, thanks for answering my question anyway!
by road it is 41KM

wizard
Hi,

Have been to Albufeira several times, but not sure where the shopping centre is that is mentioned for shoes and perfume?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
On the EN125 between Guia and the Albufeira turn off, right opposite Makro, you can't miss it.
right opposite Makro

Do you know if they accept UK Makro cards? :lol:
Hi,

I do not hire a car when I stay here, and we stay at Santa Eulalia. Is it expensive and how long to go by taxi?
Thanks
As far as I know they accept UK Makro cards Dan.

Sphinx, there is a free bus from some hotels, ask at your reception about it. If you are not in a position to do that, there are public buses that go there too. A taxi will probably be about 12 euros each way.
Thank you so much for all your help, just discovred this forum, previously used the other main one (TrAdv) and this is so much better.

Will ask at Reception for bus/taxi to Algarve Shopping Centre, since seems to be best place for perfume and other bargains.

Thanks again
For Sphinx 0781

There isn't a direct public bus from Sta Eulalia to Algarve Shopping; you would need to first take any ol' bus with 'ALBUFEIRA' on the front of it to the main bus terminal, then transfer to another bus. This can be a bit of a pain, since buses on the second leg are rather irregular especially at weekends.

If you do want to give that a try, I have all the times on my unofficial website at http://www.algarvebus.info/002w.htm

You will find links there to other bus information.

I have actually seen the shuttle buses that go to and from the hotels but the times thereof are a closely guarded secret it seems!

Good luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.