Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Best day trips
14 Posts
2 years ago we did the jeep safari from Protaras, which by my reckoning would cost more as its further away than limassol (to the Troodos mountains)..it cost us £28 CY each... BEST MONEY WE EVER SPENT !!!
The Troodos Jeep Safari is definately worth it. In June this year the prices ranged from 28 - 32 Cypriot Pounds per person..
I am personally think Jeep safari is not the best day trips. Those Safari Jeeps in Cyprus are not confortable... everyone says after - very tired :) ...
You must have a trip up to the mountains. You will see a completely different side of Cyprus.
Kykkos monastery is worth seeing and takes you right into the Troodos Mountains.
There are some other routes through the villages in the mountains
You can take a trip to North Cyprus to Kyrenia
Paphos is a nice day out if you stop at places on the way
The Water Park is great fun, just outside of Limassol. You can get a bus from near the hotel.
Governors Beach is to the east of Limassol, you can also get a bus there every morning, returning in the afternoon.
Wherever you go you will enjoy it!
I would have thought that the "Jeep Safari" being an "off road" sort of thing would obviously not be "comfortable".. it is off road up a mountain !

That said it was ok, but I wouldn't have taken my 70+ year old athritic father on it...
How is it for driving up Troodos?

As most of you know I drove for the first time (after 20 years) last year, with more than a little help and encouragement from the good people on here.

As my sister is joining us for a week I will have to 'do the sites', and just can't leave out Troodos, but have to admit i'm terrified :omg

Cheers,
Janet
I am a confident driver and have been around off road driving at work for years (always going to farm tracks and such to get to things).. also have driven lots of 4x4's and enjoy driving... do far too much driving and never have a problem....

I'm not trying to sound great/macho etc but I would have had no problem driving to a lot of the places in/on the Troodos mountains but strongly suggest you get an experienced driver doing a proper off road Jeep Safari to do it for you... They know all the roads, tracks and the places you would never ever find.. .. Yes you could do it yourself and still enjoy it, but a proper trip with a skilled driver would let you see so much more... book the trip... best money you will ever spend... !
ps We did hire a car (4x4) and drive all over the rest of Cyprus but we were glad we booked the Safari for Troodos...
The roads up to Troodos are all very good, just take your time, stop at the view points and enjoy the scenery!

Carol
I would recommend one of the Village Tours, we did Nics village Tour and it was great, well worth the money.
Hi
Is it possible to book a jeep safari in Paphos. Does anyone have a website address I could go to?

Thanks
Jael
We went on the Jeep Safari in August when we were there. We did see several jeeps with many people crammed into them but ours was fine. It was the best trip ever it was like all the Alton Towers ride into one. The driver was superb and we stopped for a wonderful lunch as well. Our 8 year old son spent the whole day smiling.
It's about 2 hours 30 min drive Larnaca - Troodos, but the road is very nice and interesting.
10 day weather forecast especially for Troodos http://www.cyprusmeteo.com/weather/troodos.php?zip=CYXX0011&Submit=GO&inst=&display=fc
its always 10-13deg cooler up there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.