Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
:wave: Hi Parker. the trip to Valdermaso. is a must :tup been there brill, but do it with Thomsons :tup cheap ones, work in a trip to a sales speel for a hour or so...
hi there we was staying in sa coma a couple of years back and we went to the pirates show it was fantastic we went to the adult one in the evening but i belive they do a mild version for the young ones during the day not sure if you have kids it was a great laugh it was in magalluf and you ad some one a and a meal my mum and dad bought us a a ticket so not sure where from probably from the reps
hope this helps. :tup
i'm not so sure you should do these things with your rep.
almost every trip can be done through one of the local travel agents instesd
often they have better times than the tour company, less crowded, cheaper!
for example western waterpark, local agent was offering 2 adults and up to 4 kids for 60% cheaper than tour company, admittedly this was in magalluf. but the tour company one still charged for coach even though it is just about walk able or about 4 euro cab ride!
thank you for your replies x it has been six years since we were last in majorca,( this time just ourselves ),hence us asking about new trips or places to visit. no teenager to entertain. still looking forward to any ideas ht friends can suggest. :sun2 xphx
i still say have a look in travel agents. i don't know what you'd like but there are plenty to choose from
thanks martin we will check travel agents, we like to hear from ht people as they are usually upto date on the good and bad pointsxphx :tup
Have you thought of hiring a car. We find in the long run a lot cheaper than going on tours. Also, come and go as you please.
thanks peter but hubby not too keen on the roads etc he had heart attack over a year ago and prefers to let someone else do worrying re-bends etc. but he loves his car over here, so buses taxis and trains for us and of course shanks pony-(feet)gracias xphx
Look on Trip Advisor website, there is ideas and reviews about lots of different trips. When you decide what trips you want to do check prices with your hotel reception, sometimes they can give you a good deal.
There's one trip most companies do, where you go on the "orange train" between Soller and Palma. Sometimes there is also a boat trip round Soller harbour, and a coach ride over the mountains. It's quite a long day out but you see lots of things.

You can't really do a tour OF the whole island, as it is quite a big island!
thanks everyone will try your ideasxphx
Then I agree with the majority. Try the local tour operators, you will get a better deal that the company rep.
Hi Parker,

when in July are you going? We return on Sat 11th july so if you have not already gone I will tell you how we got on and who we went where with as we are a couple with no children and Non-drivers so will be reliant upon tours and local transport!! I know there is a brand new show opening called 'Come Fly With Me' I looked on the internet and it looks quite expensive but a really good show so maybe as a special treat!! We have done Son Amar so many times in the past so I think its time for a new show. We go on 27th June so let me know your dates.
Cheers!
Tony
thanks tonyp but we will leave 9th so won't see your review till we get back. thanks also for telling me about the new show , i will look into that as well. i hope you have a great holiday and will be checking your advice when it's posted. best wishes xphx :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.