Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
top tours!!!
7 Posts
1. Hampi - by rail.
2. Taj Mahal - gruelling but great.
3. Hire a boat for the day and sail up the coast - stop where you want.
:wave Lunmore I liked sunset cruise its on everyday and costs about £5
The Taj fort has a great night every friday the food is to die for the entertainment is second to none.....but you can only go on fridays its about £7..or £8
The trip you may like is you go on a boat ....you will see dolphins go snorkeling (not much to see tho) then they will take you for a b b q its very nice ..
Also there is a coffee shop in candolim and everyday an :pele comes for tea havent been yet but I will definately go there in november...
The falls were good but it takes apx 2 hrs to go on the bus and the same coming back and 3 or 4 hrs you are there the day will be 7 maybe 8 hrs long :bawl ..............hope this helps you
Have a look at this website

http://www.daytrippergoa.com/

This is where you can book the Friday night trip to the Taj Hotel and the Hampi train trip along with other trips.

Daytrippers main office is at the top of Holiday Street in Calangute- near to Luma Supermarket and the Kamat Hotel. Eddie, Enid and the staff are very helpful.
They also have agents all over Calangute and Candolim.

They do a trip down the river in Panjim but you can also just go along and book it yourself if you happen to be in Panjim in the evening. The first one goes at 6p.m. and it is a large river boat which does an hours trip down the river and back. They have Goan dancers and singers on the way down then on the way back they have a disco type thing. It is a right laugh if you get all the Indian daytrippers on the boat when the lads are the only ones dancing!! You can also buy beer and snacks on the boat.
This is something to do before you go to the Delhi Durbar (or similar) restaurant in Panjim.
Went on the sunset boat cruise a couple of years ago. It started with the Birdie Dance and went rapidly downhill from there. This coupled with the fact that the boat went round and round the estuary without ever getting anywhere, would not make me recommend this trip. It was cheap though and the domestic tourists loved it!
cheers guys!!!!

has anyone been on the jungle book tour?
The cruise boats leave Panjim jetty and goes down to Miramar Beach where they turn round and come back. We do this every year - more than once if we have visitors and it is a right laught - especially if you join in the Indian visitors :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.