UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Who did you make the booking with . Direct with the hotel or a booking agent

Do you mean your friends sent you an email with their credit or bank card number ??
direct to the hotel :( was like a b&b though
andd nope, i took money off them and put it in my bank account for the deposits :( hope i get it back
Normally when booking direct in the uk most decent hotels would only take card details as security against your booking incase you didnt show and then you would pay on checkout . Did they tell you their cancellation policy at the time of booking . When did you make the booking and have you had any confirmation through the post yet .

If you can tell us the exact name and address of the hotel you have booked in accident we may be able to find their website if they have one and have a look at their terms of cancellation for you .
thaanks :) its the beechfield hotel in blackpool
umm they've took money out my bank but had no statement yet in the post
and gonna phone as soon as i can and sort it out
but really worried i wont get the money :( nope they didnt tell me the policy :(
I can't see anything about their cancellation policy on the website. The quicker you cantact them the better. This is their e mail address & telephone no. thebeechfieldhotel@gmail.com
Tel: (01253) 626569
hiya

is there any reason you wanted to stay at the other hotel - the beechfield has very good reviews on trip adviser - so if it's going to cost you to cancel, you may want to consider staying there instead.

good luck

kev
Hey
they wont give me my money back!!! >:(
it wasnt even a cancelation of the rooms! i just got the wrong hotel stupidly!
but hey, im 17 years old not 30 who have experience on booking hotels and making sure all the facts are right
and i saved all that money for it to be ALL taken away from me
so annoyed ¬_¬
Thats a bit hard . How much deposit was it . As Kev has suggested have you thought about keeping the booking or is it more expensive and not in the right location .
I think the root cause here is that the British education system is producing generations of teenagers who can't communicate! I've been getting hassle because a group checked (in advance) their return train times from the WRONG station. So when they turned up for the train at the right station they were stranded - for over three hours (it was Sunday afternoon). And who's fault is this.....?

Now I've got that off my chest can I chip in a suggestion. I was under the impression that under English law a 17 year old can't enter into a legally binding contract so the hotel can't enforce it. Not sure of how to take this idea further if they've got the bank account details but maybe the bank can advise?? If they haven't taken the money yet the obvious answer is to close the account and open a new one with a different number. Might also be worth getting an adult (!) to speak to Blackpool Trading Standards.
Some good suggestions there from steve . Personally I think It's time to get a parent involved who may have more luck . I would recommend any conversation with the hotel should be to the point but constructive . If you shout abuse (not that I'm saying you are of course ) you will get nowhere fast ;) .

There must be a cancellation policy in force at this hotel and as Ive said previously when booking "Direct" with a B+B in the UK it wouldnt be the norm to take a deposit, only card details as security and even then you can normally cancel without charge up to 48 hours before . Different of course if you were booking through an agent .

Unless of course this was for a large group booking where special conditions were made at the time . Was this the case ??
Hi :tup

I am sorry that you booked the wrong hotel, and hope that you get it sorted out satisfactorily, is there any particular reason that you don't just want to go to the hotel you have booked?

However to be fair the hotel is getting a bit of bad press here and they haven't actually really done anything wrong and I think you will just have to except that you have made a mistake and booked the wrong hotel and be man enough to come to terms with it.

they wont give me my money back!!! >:(
it wasnt even a cancelation of the rooms! i just got the wrong hotel stupidly!

:que YES it is a cancellation, you have booked the hotel and now don't want to go there and take up your booking.

Try asking them in a very polite way if as 'a good will gesture' they will consider refunding your deposit, it might work.

Ive said previously when booking "Direct" with a B+B in the UK it wouldnt be the norm to take a deposit

Sorry Lyn but on this occasion I have to disagree with you but most hotels in the UK, and this is a hotel with 59 rooms not a B&B, would normally take a non refundable deposit at the time of booking, some hotels even ask for the full balance with a non refund policy.
I do agree that the hotel isn't to blame for the mistake in booking but the matter of the deposit and cancellation policy does deserve scrutiny. There is nothing about deposits or whether they are refundable on their website, then again the pricelist is headed "2008" but shows 2007 dates (and we're already a quarter of the way through 2009) so they don't seem too bothered about accuracy. I agree that it would be perfectly fair to take a non-refundable deposit against a group booking but the facts should be clearly displayed.

And there is the still the issue of whether they can form contracts with 17 year olds.
Holidays abroad for under 18`s have to have a parents consent, I am sure this will be the case in the uk.

Could you get your parents to sort this out for you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.