Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Also always send any communication by registered post :wink:
28 days is the norm but recently I had a problem regarding the price I had paid for a holiday and when they said 28 days because there was nothing to investigate I told them that I would accept 7-10 days and no more.

Got an email later that day to say yes they would refund my £198 and that the cheque was in the post.

You do need to give them reasonable time to investigate the matter.

Sue
When does the clock start ticking then?

I'm in a dispute with Manos at present and they reply with a standard letter within about a week stating that they are obliged to reply within 28 days. Is the 28 days from the date of their acknowledgement or my letter?

Also, what happens if they respond outside of the 28 days?
im sure the 28 days starts from the date of their letter not yours, ive been in this situtation a few times with airtours which is the same company as manos and for 18 mths i battled with them and they never replied within the 28 days making up so many excuses , ie fax didnt arrive even though travel agent had confirmation it had etc, i contacted abta to report them and they were totally useless so ended up taking them to court in the end, so good luck and dont give up
28 days normally but i have the same problem! i wrote to first choice on 7th august and am yet to have a reply have sent 2 letters since and numerous phone calls i have been told i will havce a reply by the end of this week.

keep on at them!

you could try trading standards or a solicitor! i tried both, very helpfull
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.