Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Mandibee
I have always avoided the coral and feeding fish when snorkelling but have never considered the effect of sunscreen on marine life. I have been looking at sun lotions this week and have only considered factor, cost, smell etc.I've never seen any bio-creams anywhere -
definatetly not in Sharm or Hurghada. Where can these be obtained, is it only online and do they offer high protection? Would love more information in order to make an informed choice.
Kind regards
Caro
You can't even get into Xcaret in Mexico with a bottle of regular sunscreen, it would be confiscated at the gate

Xel-Ha is the same and so I believe is Garrafon -- both in Mexico near Cancun as is Xcaret for those who haven't been yet

I've not seen many Bio sunscreens anywhere except in Mexico though there are some in the UK just coming on the market but by direct sales
Have just Googled bio sunscreens and have found some on the following site: http://www.onestopbeachshop.co.uk

They have some interesting looking sun products - think I will give them a go for snorkelling and save the Piz Buin for the sunloungers!

Also noticed some natural insect repellants. Don't like covering myself with DEET but have some horrible scars from mosquito bites last month in Hurghada so will need to use something when I go back in June!
Caro
I SWEAR by Ultrasun - I haven't burnt since I've been using it. According to the website i's oil & emulsifier free http://www.ifsogo.com/acatalog/Ultrasun.html I used BootsSoltan for 10 years and each time I applied cursed at how greasy it was - but their is life beyond it lol!

When we were in Sharm last year, the Dive Centre mentioned the harm that can be done by these sun lotions...it's a pity the tour operators don't mention something about it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.