Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bitez
87 Posts
No problem, Kadi. Yes, saw the last report - it is all very confusing, think we will just have to wait and see.

You will be able to spy on me quite easily - I have a penchant for beach pyjamas and big hats during the day, unless we are going for a walk when you will see a short lady in VERY UNSUITABLE shorts and vest!!!! Scrub up ok for night time though (I think! :roll: ) Will have to wait for someone else's comments on that.

:D
Is Kadi going to have the same problem as we had two years ago looking for a short lady in a big hat?

You're quite right Pat, about scrubbing up OK. :lol: And.....you are a lot of fun.
Just wish we were going to be in Bitez in September, but will have to wait 'till May.

I know all of you who are going to Bitez will have a wonderful holiday. :sun

LOl Marn. :wave
Aww!! Thanks, Marn. :kiss As long as Kadi doesn't make Del's mistake and 'attack' foreign women with big hats!! :D
We've booked a flight for Bitez for 9 days. :yipee

The prices are terrible at this time of year! We've got 3 lots of flights booked for next year, for less than what we've paid for this!

41 more sleeps to go... :hyper
Well, 'Sir' and I are back from our month in Bitez. I will post a hotel report on Kassandra when I get time. Bottom line - we got what we paid for and were ok with that.

Will definately go for a month again - I can't believe how chilled we were.
Hi Pat, nice to hear you had a good time chilling out. Welcome back. :pele

Hope to get all the news from you later :?:

LOL Marn.
Thanks, Marn. Wish I could say it's good to be back but I am still missing the sun.
looking forward to reading your review of the hotel as it is a possibility for us next year. or smallworld,
anyway , welcome home
del
Back from Bitez now - the first time we've been there.
We were staying in a cottage near the village, rather than near the beach, and thoroughly enjoyed a week relaxing in the garden reading all day and watching the squirrels in the trees.
We didn't eat at any of the restaurants along the beach front, as we prefer not to eat at 'tourist' eateries but at typical Turkish places where there isn't a menu just the cabinets to choose the food from.
All in all, a perfect week of total relaxation.
Tishtosh - glad you enjoyed it. Where did you eat? Was the cottage along the 'Chapel Walkway'?
Hi Pat,
You can get to the cottage using the Chapel Path, but we tended to use the Pinarli Cad when it was dark.
We ate at the 2 restaurants on Pinarli Cad, in the old village, and the Pedesa behind the beach front.
It took us all out time to drag ourselves away from the cottage though as it was so peaceful!
We found the Pedesa to be very good. Was one of the restaurants you tried the 'Kufe'? We went there a couple of times with Turkish friends (and had my birthday there!) they had a Turkish singer on most nights. We really enjoyed it - don't know if I would be brave enough to go on my own as the staff spoke little english and my turkish is still not brilliant, but will certainly go again next year.
There were at couple of them that we couldn't see a name for, but none had a singer. Is Kufe near Pedesa? There was a Koftesi in the next street back which had a couple of musicians one night.

Isn't it fun ordering, when both sides are trying their hardest to be understood and to understand?! Thank goodness for the phrase book and dictionary! At least I can order 2 large cold Efes with no problems. :glynis

In the Pedesa the owner's daughter was visiting from Uni at Istanbul and had her eye on the head waiter, and thought he would make her a good husband. He didn't seem all that interested though!
Hi, Tishtosh - no 'Kufe' is on the road to the village, just past the bakery that does simit. There is another restaurant on the other side of the road called 'Defne' but didn't go in there.

Think I know the koftesi you mean but I don't remember the name.
Considering Bitez this year..... and wondering if any of you experts could help me decide. I've scoured the resort guides & everyone sounds so positive I'm nearly convinced.
Here's a few questions. Maybe someone could help?
We'd be going 1st fortnight in July & I'm a bit worried about the high temperatures.........I've no choice. Would it be about the same as Rhodes/Crete or is the mainland hotter?
Do the Dolmus run into the early hours if you want to eat in Gumbet?
Any thoughts on Small World hotel? We like it quiet, preferably adults only( no offence to parents here: just we're past that stage ourselves & prefer to chill in a quieter environment)
How much for an average decent meal? Have prices increased dramatically in Turkey over recent years?
How long to get to Ephesus from Bitez & what other trips would you recommend?
Can you visit Kos?
Think that's enough for now! :wink:
Any other info greatly appreciated. :thanks
Toastedmallow - we went to Bitez a couple of years ago. You couldn't get a dolmus directly between Bitez and Gumbet. You would have to get one into Bodrum and another out again. Probably best to get a taxi I should think.

We did the day trip to Ephesus, booked for half the tour op's price at a local agency. Sorry can't remember journey time, but it wasn't too bad. Early start with a stop for breakfast and home in time for dinner. However, we went in late October and it could be a bit too hot in July walking around Ephesus. Depends on how you cope with the heat really. Also whether the weather is just normally hot or having a heatwave at the time I should think! We have been to Turkey in August when it wasn't too bad, but they said it had been much hotter before we arrived, so obviously it does vary a bit.
Thx for the info Mehmeh,
I actually meant Bodrum! Sorry ........... :roll: my geography of the area's not great!
Hi.......When Prawn come on the forum she will probably tell you about the Smallworld hotel as she has stayed there.
I don't think you will find any of the hotels in Bitez 'noisy'
The dolmus runs into Bodrum all day and - I think - well into the night.
Another good thing is that Bitez usually has a cooling breeze coming off the sea.

Have to go now as cuppa is getting cold.

Will try to tell you more later.
THanks & Hi to Briar....we meet again!
Everyone is so positive about Bitez. Is it your favourite resort in Turkey?
Fancy Small World as it seems quieter that Manuela but still investigating. :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.