General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I always buy my self new gear, either shorts or trousers, and a short sleeve shirt, something colourful
Always pack my "squidgey pillow" for the flight home when we go long haul..

ATB,J.
We're going to Florida this year and I recently found the perfect outfit in Tesco for my 7 year old "for the plane". It's a light sweatshirt and leggings set with Minnie Mouse on it. We don't often fly on holiday (we usually drive to France) but when we do fly it tends to be long haul as my brother in law lives in New York so comfy clothes and things to keep the children occupied on the plane/at the airport are a must.
always buy new travelling clothes , and maybe a new pair of shoes to match the outfit . But what i buy is only for the outward journey , never wear the same outfit coming back home , that is usually something that i took with me and hadn't worn while on hols
I don't choose anything special to wear for the plane but I do go round collecting little things to keep my children amused on the journey plus I like to have a good book to read. I also have my special 'plane bag' ;)
I must be the odd one out here then :rofl I tend to travel in something that I already own and then on the return journey I tend to wear something that has not been worn on my holidays :tup

Perhaps the only thing we will tend to buy is something for the girls to do/read on the plane.
We always buy new clothes for the journey out (on the way back we wear something new we bought for holiday).

If it's long haul I'll buy a puzzle book or colouring book (yes I'm a big kid) but shorthaul I'll just get a new book and update my ipod.

Helen
A friend of mine went to the pound shop and bought a load of small little gifts, before she took her little boy on a long haul flight. She let him open one gift every hour, but only if he was good. She said it worked a treat :)
All I do for the plane is make sure the IPOD is fully charged and has some up to date tunes on it and a book.
We have a pack of boiled sweets we share but sometimes pick them up at the airport, along with a puzzle book.
hubbie says i need a case alone for the plane, i take puzzle books, mp3 player sweets crisps, water, books (before i got bookreader)ninetindo game box and 3 games, make up bag, always buy hubbie and me new clothes for traveling, even take a set of new clothes on plane if its long haul then go have a quick wash and change halfway threw journey, on way home i do the same hubbie just laughs at me :)
I dont necessarily buy something new to wear on the plane but I do think carefully about what im going to wear as it has to be comfortable and always a pair of flip flops as cant be dealing with taking off trainers going through security at 3am in the morning. Coming home, I tend to wear whatever is left unworn. I do take a book, buy a couple of magazines at the airport and a bottle of water and some sweets or chewing gum, my make up bag and im in charge of passports and tickets. Ive got a "plane" handbag too that only comes out for holidays, its bigger than my normal handbag but squishes down to nothing, can get tons of junk in it but its also well within hand luggage restrictions ;)
even take a set of new clothes on plane if its long haul then go have a quick wash and change halfway threw journey, on way home i do the same

Tammie - I had to laugh at this, never heard of anyone doing that before :rofl
Helen T wrote:
Tammie - I had to laugh at this, never heard of anyone doing that before
I have, Katie Price, Victoria Beckham :rofl
I have a book in my hand luggage and sweeties too, I usually use a kipling bag (just bought a new one too) for travelling as they are so light and very spacious, so I can fit travel documents, camera it's not a teeny tiny camera but a bridge camera but I won't pack that in the suitcase, my book sweeties two purses, English and foreign and that about does it for the plane really.
I bought a black and white bag today for the plane in TK Maxx for £5.00. :tup
I couldnt see how much it had originally been so Googled it when I got home.www.themiraclebag.co.uk
I cant believe I have actually bought a baby changing bag. :rofl :rofl
They are £37.99 on the website so I am still going to use it. :rofl
Jaytrip that's so funny - I take it you have no little 'uns then :rofl
£5.00 is a blinking good bargain even if its a baby change bag ;)
Its the 2nd time I have bought a baby changing bag by accident!
The last one was a Samsonite back pack and I only realised it was a changing bag when I saw it had a changing mat inside.
There were no changing bags when mine were babies. :rofl
Still the new bag looks lovely,black with white flowers and a bit like the £6.00 ones from Primark but much better quality.
Just right for all the things I take on the plane including a fleece blanket. :rofl
Had a look at your bag Jay Trip,I wouldn't have guessed it was a changing bag,it was a fabulous price too.I've bought a Kipling bag for the plane,it's a good size and should accommodate all my bits and pieces.I buy a new book for on the plane and usually take some nibbles and a bottle of water.I don't usually buy new clothes,I just wear something comfortable.
Baby changing bags are brilliant for travel, I used mine long after my girls were out of nappies and baby stuff, I love all those little sections!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.