Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Going to Palma from Manchester in Aug 08 with BMIBABY flight letters start with WW anyone know what type of aircraft they use.

Regards
Pete.
I'm flying with them also in Aug 08 and my flights also start with WW, because it's a budget airline maybe it stands for With Wings just to reassure us :D Sorry silly moment :wave:
For anyone interested, my recent trip reports with Bmi are now available on airliners.net:

BD721, Manchester - Antigua
BD722, Antigua - Manchester

Darren
Thanks Darren, I enjoyed that as we are flying with bmi to Las Vegas on Thursday on the same type of aircraft I think and also from T3 Manchester. I really like T3 and hate Heathrow so this is our preferred route.

We are both Silver Diamond Club members so will be visiting the lounges at both Aberdeen and Manchester. It was only me who was Silver in November, but I was allowed to take hubby in as a guest at Manchester, but not at Aberdeen.

luci :wave
BMI offer with their American Express card is if spending £250 in the first 90 days they will give you 20,000 air miles.
How far would 20,000 miles take you? Anyone know?

Sue
Don't know the answer to that, but in their in-flight magazine it says 45,000 miles will get you to Vegas. Aye right! I have 66,000 miles and the only destination I was to go to is Vegas. I have checked their site constantly for dates when you could use your miles and there are only 1 or 2 dates in the whole year available. However I still can't use them as there isn't a corresponding return date available.

So far I have found bmi Diamond Club miles to be worse than useless although I have no idea about other destinations.

Luci,

That's pretty much the general consencus with Bmi air miles. Those who want to use them to upgrade to premium economy or business often find there are a handful of dates throughout the year where they can be used. They might be generous, but not when it comes to spending them!

Darren
Thanks Darren. I thought it was maybe just me and I was either being too fussy or didn't know where to look. Unfortunately you have just confirmed what I feared, that they are pretty much useless.

About the BMI airmiles, if i book a flight for my partner and myself do I get miles for the both of us? or should she become a member as well? :que

Anyone?

Greetings from the Lowlands,
Pendragon
Pendragon,

To receive airmiles, you need to be a member of Bmi's Diamond Club. You'll both need to be members to claim miles, you can't claim someones elses.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I myself was already a member of the Diamond club, and I have enlisted my other halve now as well.

BTW great trip reports from the Antigua trip

Thanks mate :tup
Hello all.

Some friends and I are hopefully going to Barcelona next year and wondered when the flights to Barcelona from BMI come on line. We are hoping to go next June/July. My friend said they weren't available yet so I said I would post a thread on here as someone is bound to know!!!!

Thanks.
well, I reckon you'd be better off posting on the flights thread, more people in the know will be able to help you out there squirrel, hope you get what your looking for .
Moved and merged to BMI topic in flights.

Mark :)
We are Flying premium economy with BMI and on the conformation it says:

fare basis: ULWCWTA4

what do all those letters stand fore?

Pendragon
Was my question about what the the fare basis letters meant so complicated, or did I ask something so stupid that no one responds. :que

Pendragon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.