Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
OK Thanks steve8482,

I just thought that there would be a list somewhere with the explanation of the used fare codes and that I was the only one who could not find the list.

Thanks again and have a great weekend, :tup
Pendragon
Pendragon,

It's actually quite a complicated issue. The fare codes given depend on many factors and I've yet to suss out what they all mean. As Steve said, we don't know! I've seen the fare coding for Singapore Airlines, which are a Star Alliance partner so I assume is the same for Bmi, and it was like a different language. It was worse than reading a legal document!

Darren
Tried, without a lot of success, to get to speak to a human being at Bmi Baby, when I did eventually speak to someone they were no help at all, I only want to know the date the winter flights are going to be available, so if anyone has this info, pleeeeeeze tell me, thnx
as you are probably aware they only go to 25th Oct and i wanted a flight in Nov
phoned them last night ..bloke said anywhere between now and September :que

now what use is that :think
as you are probably aware they only go to 25th Oct and i wanted a flight in Nov
phoned them last night ..bloke said anywhere between now and September

Thats exactly what I mean Lincoln Imp, no use at all. It may help for you to know that the winter flights last year came out on June 16th, Bmi baby normally send me an email saying when theie out, if they do this year I'll post here right away for all to see
Hello,
I will be traveling from US to Manchester and bringing one case about 32 - 35 kgs. Trying to book a flight on to Ireland from Manchester and have found the cost to bring this case on Ryan Air would be about 225. Bmi Baby would be about 165. Will be flying out of Ireland to US, so no problem at all with the overseas end.

Can't get over this cost at all. Am I maybe doing something wrong? I see you can have it divided into 5 cases on BMI but you still have to be under the weight.

Any suggestions would be of great help.
Thanks,
Mollie
mollie006,

Bmi have a very generous luggage allowance on trans-atlantic and caribbean services. UK domestic services don't really cater for passengers with that level of luggage so you'll be charged for excess baggage whoever you travel with I'm afraid. Your only options are to bring less luggage or pay the excess charges.

Darren
Hi Mollie and welcome to HT!

Who are you flying with from the US? Most airlines now have a maximum baggage level of 32kgs and will refuse to carry anything over this. However the baggage allowance may be less than this, eg 23kgs, and you will pay excess baggage for anything above that.

luci :wave
Thank you for the replies. I am flying to/from US on Continental and they allow 32kgs per bag (maximum 2 bags).

So i will be at the 32kgs or under with one bag...i guess the BMI Baby that allows 22kgs is the way to go and pay the extra for whatever amount i am over. Ryanair is out of the question with the fees.

Just wanted to see if i am missing something.
Thanks again.
Mollie
Just a wild stab here, but have you checked prices for parcelling up 10kg of stuff and sending it as cargo in advance, either with the airline or by DHL, UPS etc. ?
steve8482,

I once looked in to that to get my diving cameras to Mauritius. It wasn't cheap for guaranteed delivery in 24-48 hours. It got cheaper for a longer delivery time but that's not convienient if you need it.

Darren
Hi everyone
I'm posting this question again as can't see my query listed - not sure where it has gone!! We are travelling to Sardinia in 3 weeks Manchester to Olbia. Tickets are with thomas cook but flight details are as follows: British Midland A320 BD 7331 BD7332. Anyone know what type of plane and seating configuation? Also do you have a seating plan?
hope this works this time!
Anyone flew British Midland to Dalaman from Glasgow?

Hi, we go on this flight on the 28th June. :sun2 We wondered if anyone had already been on this flight and could give us some information about it. Like, what type of plane is it? is there any in-flight entertainment - tv? do they sell food on board and what is the prices like? any information at all would be great. Many thanks -Jean
jazza101,

BD7331/2 are Bmi British Midland (charter) and is operated by an Airbus A319-131. These are configued 3-3 with 30" seat pitch.

Darren
jejo,

I've flown MAN-DLM-MAN with them (and MAN-Antigu-MAN), they are a good airline in my experience. Have a read through my trip reports from the other year, it should answer most of your questions.

Bmi Flight BD7365 (charter), Manchester (EGCC) to Dalaman, Turkey (DLM)

Bmi Flight BD7366 (charter), Dalaman, Turkey (DLM/LTBS) - Manchester (MAN/EGCC)

Darren
Hi,
Been looking at the bmibaby reviews and it seems a lot of them are telling people to stay away, only problem is I have booked and paid to go from Manchester -Palma in Aug 08 can anyone put my mind at rest.

Regards.
Pete.
Hi Ya Pete,

What are you worrying about, I have flown BMI Baby many times to Palma and Alicante and I can not remember being delayed on any occassion and if we were then it was'nt worth remembering.

We have always flown from East Midlands and the service from the staff has certainly been the equivalent of the any of the no frills carriers. I think that sometimes peoples expectations are too high, we always travel low season. relax and enjoy the trip and Palma.

Dave :fly :gluck
peye ren,

I would take the posts with a pinch of salt. Bmi Baby are a no frills airline and they get you their and back in such a mannor. Some passengers expect first class service. Can you elaborate on the sort of things people have mentioned? Generally, you tend to get either bad or very good reviews, not inbetween. Unless someone has something to report, ie it was excellent service or poor service, people tend not to report things. Even then, you tend to get a bias towards moans than praise. I'm sure your flight will be fine.

Darren
Thanks Darren,
I know what you mean low cost airline and people want 1st class travel.

Thank
Pete.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.