General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
LikeAbird wrote:
'I offered the same level of security check

LikeAbird wrote:
Again, how quickly an innocent, tax paying, law abiding citizen who wasnt trying to dodge the security check and offered an alternative method

That is part of the issue, you may think you offered an alternative, but the reality is, you did not offer a viable alternative. Please see previous comments. You know you are innocent and law abiding, but how do security services know that until you've been through the approved checks? The fact you refused is the issue. Again, I feel we are just going around in circles and getting nowhere. Lets just agree to disagree on this one.

Darren
Maybe the solution is to offer the choice of the full body search at a price( maybe £50 ) as its takes more time and more people to conduct that type of search. Also if the scanner does some sort of internal check (I've no idea if it does) then that would also be needed on the full body search would the poster still be a keen to have it then, I think not.
Actually, charging for a manual search is not such a bad idea. I'm sure Liverpool would volunteer to be a trial -after all they already offer a paid option to queue jump at security.
A report in our local paper today.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-yorkshire-news/2011/06/30/huddersfield-royal-infirmary-consultant-grounded-after-refusing-naked-body-scan-at-manchester-airport-what-do-you-think-86081-28966743/

I wondered what the views of members are on this. I have only once been asked to go through one (my own daft fault) and personally I have no objevtions. According to my youngest, who has spent a lot of time travelling to the USA in the last few years the security checks here in the UK are a lot less hassle than there.
I, like others, want to get from A to B in safety and if it means scans then so be it. I might add that on 7/7 my youngest could very easily have been on one of the trains except for it being so busy at the station he caught a bus so perhaps that effects my viewpoint.

fwh
fwh wrote:
I wondered what the views of members are on this

This has been discussed over the last 4 pages of this topic with opinions on both sides of the argument.

Darren
Sorry Darren - Consider my hands slapped. Could not find it. (its an age thing) :rofl

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.