Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Though ETA called a permanent ceasefire in March so the threat in Spain is somewhat less than Turkey.
tarta - how do you know it is going to get worse?
i`m going to cancel my daughters holiday tomorrow , i`m sorry but its going to get worse and i`m not taking the chance

please if you have any inside info, let the Turkish authorities know. Also I am thinking to come to the UK this winter, is there a safe 2 weeks when Al Qaeda are not planning something?
the ETA situation took 25 years to resolve but eventually the government decided to at least talk with them. Perhaps that is what's needed here.
68% of people on the Sky news poll today would not travel to Turkey :shock: that's a real shame.

chazy x
Great post wilson. We have decided we are still going on 11th sept. We could get bombed at manchester airport going out. It can happen anywhere. We can't let them spoil it for us. We have been looking forward to this for 15weeks since we came back from Marmaris!

love nikki xxx
I have been reading this thread with sadness.

Sadness for those people involved in the bombings and also for those that live there.

I personally would not travel to Turkey or anywhere else that was having problems if I had a holiday booked at the moment. Like Tartanscone says, why take the chance.

People have mentioned the London bombings. Unfortunately this is the fear/threat that many people have to live with nowadays. I say LIVE with because some people have no choice - these places are their homes. Why would you put yourself at risk by visiting somewhere that is having problems of this nature when it is not a necessity?

I would rather lose money paid for a holiday than a member of my family.
You can always book another holiday, family cannot be replaced. I know many of you will not agree with me and say that I am letting this scum beat me; but so be it. If it is a choice of them 'winning' or risk a family member being blown up/seriously injured then let them win. There are plently of other holiday destinations.

Best wishes to all involved in this atrocity and also those who have to live with it.

Kind Regards
Jackie
Morning everybody

It is all quiet in Marmaris and normal life s going. all bars and restaurants were opened last nite. 1 person arrested in marmaris and another 1 person arrested in Izmir.
I am concerned and think they are scum but dont want to cancel and not going to. Not sure if it is sensible or not. :x

going to Turkey for the first time mid September and to Olu so when someone on this post said thats not been hit yet so it maybe next its like Eeekkkk. :shock:

Travel up to London each day to work so after 7th July it was very worrying then but we still do it and you forget.... (my office next to Aldgate tube so looks down on track where the bomb went off)

Poor people who are injured and worse in Turkey. hope everybody in Marmaris are ok and I suppose quite on guard the whole time.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.