Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The Sanctuary is a really nice and classy bar with expensive drinks so I am very surprised to hear of this happening there.

luci :wave
Its actually not a bar ive ever been in, because i dont usually go near the square, do they still have live acts on in there, i was going to go in a few years back when Tom Storry used to sing there, but never got round to it!

Best Regards - Taggy
I wouldn't go near the Square in high season, but when we were there last New Year they did have live acts on. It was a very nice, quiet place to have a drink and definitely by far the nicest bar we saw.

luci :wave
I would never go drinking in the square if you paid me, its not my type of scene. although, the santuary bar is below the hotel orange and my parents sometimes had a few drinks in there whilst they stayed in the hotel orange and said it was nice.
I'm surprised as well Luci but like you have only ever been there in the winter so can't comment on what it's like in the summer. Just goes to show that these organised gangs are not fussy where they target
I find it hard to believe when I read that people go out at night with their wallet in their pocket. I've even heard of women daft enough to take their passport and all their holiday money out with them in their handbag! I take take enough folding money out to last the evening and no more. That is kept in a buttoned or velcro sealed pocket. Of course, thieves can razor the bottom of the pocket, but if they don't see the bulge of a wallet they probably won't bother. If I do get robbed it will obviously pee me off mightily but it won't completely wreck my holiday!
I don't expect to be the victim of a crime in Spain any more than I'd expect it at home. The reason for taking precautions is because the consequences of being the victim of a crime are so much worse.
Police in a town like Benidorm spend every night dealing with the lowest end of British society. It's understandable that they don't welcome us with open arms when we have a problem!
well they actually deal with a cross section of British society. If i am robbed in Spain i would expect the spanish police to treat the crime in the exact same way as if a Spaniard was robbed.
i use a money pouch round my neck day and night , and only take out what i need , say 70 euro ...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.