Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I usually find now that it is cheaper to book through an agent than with the owner,can be a big difference in price.Apartments we stayed in Icmeler this year we payed £154 through an agent,the owner wanted £300 if we had booked with him ! :que still annoying,but you will know for next time.
Crispy - I agree. I too have found it considerably cheaper to book accomodation through an agent as opposed to the owner.
the problem was really liked the look of these apartments and new tc did them but didnt know when they came out for next year asked on hear but no replies, but like you say you learn.
Hi Julie

The thing is when you see something you like at what seems a reasonable price you just want to book straight away dont you. You worry incase the price suddenly increases. Also when you are booked its a good feeling as you know you dont need to keep checking websites every spare minute you have.
i too have had prices from the manager at the moonlight....

the price they gave me included return transfers and air c on and safe,

check to see if you have these included, we travel 4 june..

x
we go june 12th maybe tc charge for air con thats why they are cheaper where bookimg with the hotel its free.
The same thing happened twice this year i emailed the hotel in March waited quite abit for reply in the
meantime went onto Thomascook site price for the hotel came back at £180 for 14 nights when the hotel did reply they wanted £280 guess who we booked with. In Sept looked at the Kapmar in Icmeler
(very nice)hotel wanted £92 dearer than Thomas Cook we booked again with T/C now looking for 2010
Cheers
I ended up booking my apartments for next year and found the ones in Ovacik cheaper with the owner rather than with Thomas Cook or other agencies.

Trying to book apartments for the other 2 weeks of the holiday in Icmeler and shopping about to get the best price know what apartments we want and waiting on a reply from the owners.

Best advice is to shop about and if you like the price then go for it as you never know it could go up.

Andrea
i think there is a bit of missunderstanding here there are moonlight apartments in icmeler and also in hisaronu olu deniz and also istanbulso please make sure you know what apartments you are writing about, as this could become very confusing to other users that are new to these area's
:tup :cheers
just sent off deposit yesterday straight to the apartments itself paid hotel itself cost £420 for a 1 bedroom just went onto thomas cook website been trying to see a price for days but it would only do till may, now i could of got a 2 bedroom for 319 cant beleive it been told its £25 a week with tc for a safe where straight with the apartments its free, still would of been cheaper never mind as this happened to anyone else.

Julie

Don't forget your transfer which is included, this would cost about £100 to Icmeler, plus the safe is £15 a week so in total your £319 comes to £449. I've tried to check the dates I am going and it's showing no availability.

Dave
YOUR ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT FOR 2 WEEKS
INCLUDING SAFETY BOX,AIRCONDITION,TRANSFER
(BOTH WAY): 520 POUND this is my email its 420 then 100 pound transfers would of been good if they were in the price of the hotel.
Thats actually the correct advertised price that they use, £30 per night plus tranfer, In August we pay £35 per night for the apartment.

I didn't actually realise that Thomas Cook sold the rooms seperately, all I know for a complete package holiday I am saving about £700 going DIY with the flights and get the private transfer.

I hope it doesn't ruin your holiday.

Dave
we always do diy cheaper for us that way, im still happier with the price for the holiday itself paid about £1.200 just couldnt beleive thomas cook rooms were cheaper just look of the draw really, last year we paid £300 for 10 days in a hotel in mallorca about a week before we went it went down to £100, just trying to sort out airport parking at manchester now got a price of £32 which i think is good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.