Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
sorry you may have lost out a bit..but there is nothing you can do..if you thought you had a good deal last week then keep thinking that..be sure the prices will go up again as they sell out....were they the cheapest when you booked or did you not hunt round..

wizard
Like most things, I paid what I thought I had to. Yes - this was the best deal last week but I did think that booking a holiday early would secure the best price (barring last minute deals). I think the moral is not to look at the website again after booking the holiday!

Last year I was stung when my flight times were altered to very early morning flights and I had paid a higher price for afternoon flights. Again there was nothing I could do, although the terms of the contract had been altered.

I think the moral is not to look at the website again after booking the holiday!

yes- saves any heartache! :lol:
It's all about timing - I booked flights last June for this September in th hope that I would get the best price - if I booked today I would save £69 -a 20% saving - some you win, some you lose. The year before, I hung on for a week expecting the price to drop a little - it went up! Bit like playing the stockmarket!

But - although I'm gutted that I could have had £70 worth of extra raki vouchers - I got the flight I want, on the dates I want.
I have a store card that (for a small fee) gives me a refund if any of the items I purchase end up on sale at a cheaper price. Something like that would be good for holidays...........
:D I do know for a fact that some TO's have the policy of refunding the difference if you see a cheaper holiday - but the bad news is, that it's within 24 hrs of booking!

On the plus side it is quite possible for the holiday to go up in price. Remember you can ask on here for help searching for the best , some of us like a challenge!!

Regards, BBB.
Thanks - I will bear that in mind :D
I can understand your disappointment that the price has dropped, but that is something that happens everyday with any product or service.

Fill the car with fuel today and it goes down tomorrow. Buy a new coat and the same thing can happen. That is life.

I never hear anyone complain when the price changes in their favour.

Yes if a TO says book early and you do, and then they drop the price in the next brochure, I would agree that you should be reimbursed - they sold you the holiday based on the idea that early booking would guarantee the lowest price.

What people forget is that many of these lower deals come in as part of a promotion for a limited period. In this case your holiday is part of that promotion.

I wanted to buy a sports jacket from BHS. It did not come down in the January sales, but now they have reduced them by 25% - none of the jackets were on sale before this and the one I want is not included.

Thats life.

fwh
Sorry to hear about the price drop in your holiday. The only situation I know of and I have benefited from is on cruising with Celebrity Royal Caribbean and Princess I think also possibly Carnival.
I found this out from Cruise Critic web site when the US passengers were talking about price drops and these being applied to their bookings. I just thought it would be bad luck if the price came down which is the norm. I mentioned it to my TA who told me that they will drop the price for UK passengers also.
I then kept an eye on Celebrity Web site and monitered the prices. Over about a 10 period the price came down 3 times. £80 £60 £40 then they put on an over for over 55 and this reduced my price by £230.
This was for a balcony room and I upgraded to a CC room and ended up saving around £400.
Prices are fluid and they did go back up again. If I wanted the same cruise now with the same room I would pay about £800 more. In fact now the cruise is sold out. I was paying a single supplement which was why the cruise is so expensive in the first place. I started a topic on the cruise forum with this information so that others would benefit from it.

You have to ask for the reduction and if you book through a TA they must contact the cruise company for you. If you book direct then you ask the company to reduce the price.
In the booking conditions under what if the price is reduced they state that if the price comes down by more that 2% they will apply this reduction to your booking.
Just thought I would post this just for your information. No help to you but it is like buying a dress and then seeing it in the sale at half price the following week.

Sorry.

Sue
Just would like to ask if the price rises next week will you be paying Thomas Cook the difference ?
Fair points made all round.

Maybe I should plot a time/price graph based on this year's prices and next year I will know the optimum time to book!

Happy holidays.........
With cruises in the US passengers there pay a deposit and if they cancel right up to the date for final payment they can cancel and have their deposit refunded.
Often they will be holding 3-4 cruises and with the best rooms and then they cancel 3 and travel on the other and get their deposit back. Crazy and unfair as you may have wanted the room they were holding.
I think at this time there are a lot of rooms released back into the system and so sometimes they will then reduce the price maybe only on a certain catagory though. Perhaps only balconies and you can find as I did that this was cheaper than the ocean view so it is always wise to price both.

Sue
I had a long argument with Thomsons on the phone on the same subject ( price drop after booking early) didnt do any good still didnt get a refund.
There are down sides to booking early, but plusses as well. We booked really early to take advantage of free child places, so got a good deal but then the flight times were changed. As they are now may have deterred us from booking the holiday in the first place, but we are kind of stuck. We could book an alternative holiday, but there are now no longer the incentives available, so the only winners would be the tour op. who would get more from us and from whoever our holiday would be sold on to.

I think when you book a holiday as has been said before you have to accept that any part of it may be fluid. As far as the price goes, as frustrating as it is if it goes down, so long as you felt you had a good deal in the first place then that's really all that matters. How many times have all of us gone away having booked early, only to find people there on a late deal having paid a fraction of the price. Unfortunately that's life!!

Pam :D
I think one of the main downsides of booking early like I do is that your flight times often change. Its happened to me so often I expect it. I would imagine when you book a year in advance the flight schedules in the brochures are actually those of the current year and not of the year you are travelling.
Hi all
I booked my flights about 2 weeks ago, and they have cut the price now. It is annoying. If I had waited probably would have sold out!! No room on the flight!! Another time the price went up and I sighed with relief I had already booked. I keep off the websites now so I won't seethe!!! :x

Dawnie-Rob
Tour Operators should not be allowed to get away with this. Luckily, it has never happened with us. We always tend to book a yaear in advance and I never check the price again until a few weeks before we go and by then it's usually shot up in price. Sorry to hear about you guys though. If it was me I'd be seething. :twisted:
Can I just ask If you bought something from a shop and then the next week it was in the half price sale would you ask for a refund?
lol amy.... i would take it back and get a refund then buy the item at the sale price
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.