Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Tour Operators should not be allowed to get away with this

What exactly are tour operators getting away with ?
This subject has come up so many times on here over the last few years.

Been caught myself. Book early. Look weeks later. Price came down. Went back up again. Morale of the story is when youve booked dont look again!

Tour Operators...........while I have no love for them and actually book all my holidays DIY...........what are they doing different than any other "trader" :?

I used to work for a high profile jewellers...............the mark up on their jewellery was unbelievable!! They had a sale in January and the summer and a lot of items were half price.

Same with furnture/clothes/shoes etc etc.

If you think they are doing wrong then what would you suggest? Selling all the time at the cheaper price? Companies like Easyjet/Jet2/Flybe etc etc do the same thing...........if you book early you USUALLY get your flight cheaper but not always.

I saw a winter coat before Christmas for £200, and debated about buying it. Thank goodness I didnt because it came down in January to £80! Do we complain when we get bargains in the sale? Well no, but unfortunately some poor person has bought the item at twice the price!

In my opinion its the same thing really.
Also, when you buy a holiday you pay what you think it's worth. If it's more than you want to pay haggle the price down. If they won't budge on the price ask for extras thrown in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.