France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Emma
I think you might have more luck with this if you post it in the France forum or possibly the DIY forum.
Hi Emma,
Try camping Chateau Des Ormes in Dol de Bretagne. Its a site tailor-made for teenagers. It has a nightly disco, swimming pools with slides, paintballing, horseriding, nighly entertainment.
Thanks. I know this complex and it looks great, but not many vacancies during August. Also quite expensive in the summer...suppose you pay for all the facilities...but very good value off-season. Will look for private rentals there..might get something!
In the meantime, any other suggestions?
All the basic facilities are free to use on des ormes (swimming pool comlpex, entertainment) and the site itself is no more expensive than many other sites in Brittany. Paintballing and the adventure park can be quite expensive if done independently. However, if you went with either Canvas or Keycamp/eurocamp they have teenage clubs which negotiate a good discount for these activities. (If however you do go independently I would suggest having a quiet word with the teenage clubs couriers, particularly Canvas, as I know from past experiences that they are happy to have extra people in the group.) I know that you have said you want to try to put the package together yourself however, avoid keycamp/eurocamp and try either Canvas, Matthews or French Freedom holidays-all of which, particularly the last two, are much cheaper for the same thing. Alternatively, the campsite does have its own accomodation, however, it is quite popular, particularly in high season.

Finally, although des ormes is the best site in Brittany for teenagers, I would also suggest trying Perros-la ranolien or Fouesenant/Beg Meil- l'Atlantique. (I'm not sure on web addresses but would be easy enough to find on a search engine. Hope this helps.
bigp99-
Thanks for your advice. Can't seem to find any privately owned mobile homes at Des Ormes......will probably need to look at the cheaper 'package' companies you mentioned.
I'd 2nd Le Ranolien at Perros-Guirec, or Les Grandes Metrairies at Carnac is also a large well managed site, but possibly more expensive.
Many thanks to those who have responded.

Does anyone have any links to privately owned mobile homes at any Brittany sites?
You might find something HERE

HTH

Kath HT Admin
Thanks,
There seem to be quite a selection on your link, but they all seem to be in Southern Brittany. Has anyone any links for privately owned mobile homes in NORTHERN Brittany, please?....again with plenty for teenagers to do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.