General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Summer 2006
44 Posts
I'm already decided, just not booked yet, but since i only need a flight, im fine :D
The link didn't work for me.
just had a look now for tenerife 2006, in two minds. don't know whether to book now, or wait till brochure comes out, because sometimes you can get up to £100 off if you book early from brochure. But no discounts are given on-line at moment, but on other hand could the holidays be more expensive in brochure? What do other ht members think? Book now? or wait till brochure comes out at end of month?(I always book about a year or so in advance, gives me chance to save!!!)BBB.
The link didn't work for me.

Try this:
http://www.directholidays.co.uk/
Scroll down and click where it says "Summer 2006 On Sale Now" :D
thomas cook are also doing summer 2006 on line now
I checked the Thomas Cook site - it seems to be just Florida at the moment.
Thomson will also have theirs out soon 28 April I believe, and I only know that so I can book mine :lol: ....
thomas cook have said theirs will "hopefully" be available mid may!

boo hoo want it now :cry:
I picked up a First Choice Summer 2006 brochure today!!! Some good deals and I tried a few hotels on the First Choice website and you get quite a good online discount on some them. The Eclipse brochure isn't out yet - but I suppose the holidays from Eclipse are just First Choice holidays with the discount already deducted.
Direct Holidays Summer 2006 have been on sale for about a week now, but Airtours Summer 2006 isn't out yet (not bookable online anyway) even though they're the same company.
Just waiting for Archers/Cosmos now so I can compare prices on a selection of hotels I've got my eye on...
Eclipse always used to be considerably cheaper than First Choice, we've always booked with them.

But it's woth comparing the Eclipse price with the First Choice price now as FC do sometimes have the cheaper option, can't work out why, Eclipse are supposed to be cheaper :?
With the rising number of people complaining thet they booked early for a discount then find 6 months down the line the same holiday cheeper is it worth it?
We only book 2/3 months in advance still you pays your money and takes your chance.

brian
I agree Brian, had a look yesterday and all seem quite expensive

Pippy, I don't know about Eclispe now , every holiday I checked out was cheaper with First Choice.
Just had a look at the First Choice website (Eclipse not offering Summer '06 yet) to see what sort of prices they're quoting.

I'm going to the Red Sea this year so I entered the details for the hotel in Sharm we're staying at (the Conrad).
It's All Inclusive, 4*, right on the beach.

Price for two adults travelling form Gatwick for 14 nights on Thurs 27/07/06 is £1570.16.

I then did a search for a 4* apartment in Menorca (the Viva Menorca Apartments).
Price for two adults, Self Catering, 14 nights, travelling from Gatwick on Friday 28/07/06 is £1687.60!
And that's without any food or drink!

Looks like it'll be the Red Sea for me again next year, though not necessarily the same hotel.

It's so cheap!
Hi, pippy....i am just doing exactly the same thing.........was thinking about viva menorca apartments, but spain is just not good value for money compared to eygpt/turkey...just waiting for the eclipse brochure(out on 28 april.) before i book :D
28th April?

Excellent!

I booked this year's holiday to the Conrad with Eclipse, and they were cheaper than FC by about £150 so I'll compare them.

I love Menorca, but no way would I pay £100 more for a self catering holiday than I can pay for All Inclusive to the Red Sea!

Will look forward to seeing what Eclipse have to offer, but am thinking of going to Swisssinai's hotel also in the Red Sea, all depends on the price of flights etc.
Website addresses for anyone else who'd like to do a comparison.....

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk

http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
:shock: Two weeks at the Conrad at Sharm, 4* All Inclusive for two adults £1570.16.

Two weeks at Bognor Butlins, Half Board Deluxe for two adults £1424.60

They are having a laugh aren't they?!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Is it any wonder so many of us prefer to go abroad?
Airtours Summer 2006 is now available to book online - 2 days before it's available from your travel agent :D I can't find the hotel I want for next year on either Airtours or Direct Holidays sites, even though it's in this year's brochures. I'm waiting now for Cosmos/Archers to price the third main hotel on my list, although I think I've already made up my mind from the First Choice brochure...

Two weeks at the Conrad at Sharm, 4* All Inclusive for two adults £1570.16.

Two weeks at Bognor Butlins, Half Board Deluxe for two adults £1424.60

They are having a laugh aren't they?!

I know what you mean about the choice between Butlins and going abroad - last year I was pricing up a week in August in Skegness (Half Board) when I spotted a week in Lloret, All Inclusive, for the same price! I don't need to tell you which one I chose.... :lol:
So was Skegness nice ? lol :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.