General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Summer 2006
44 Posts
Hi All,

If anyone is looking to go to Greece or Turkey -

Kosmar Holidays have the prices for Summer 2006 online or you can order a brochure.

New for summer 2006 is the holidays to Turkey.
I've been looking forward to seeing the Eclipse hols for next Summer for weeks now, supposed to be online today, just had a look and they're still only up to April '06 :evil:

Maybe they'll update it later today :D
I am also waiting for Eclipse, they probably meant midnight on the 28!!!!!! I have just tried and still no luck. :bhead
I've just used the live chat facility on the Eclipse website, the lady I 'spoke' with says hols should be online later today.
Eclipse have put the price up for the hotel I'm going to this year by a huge amount.

Conrad, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Dep Gatwick 27/07/06 14 nights 2 adults total price £1516.80.

First Choice are selling it for slightly less :?

I paid £550 per adult for the same holiday this year so it looks as though Eclipse are no longer the bargain tour operator they've always been in the past.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Sorry!

I misread the FC price!

FC selling it for £1570.16
I've never booked with anyone other than Eclipse, so can any of you tell me if £1516 for two adults All Inclusive, 14 nights, in the height of the season is more expensive than other Tour Operators (other than last minute which I can't do)?

I'd like to book the same hotel for next year, but if there's a comparable hotel elsewhere but cheaper, I'd love to know please!

This is for 4* in the Red Sea (Sharm).

Thanks.

Philippa :D
Pippy, i have just been quoted £2500 AI 3adults & 1 child, next july, 4star. That a free kid,so your price seems ok. I would pay it as i think you get what you pay for. karen
The hotel I'd really like to book again for next year is the Conrad as it's had some good reviews, I do like to book well in advance! :D

Another possible destination is Turkey, been reading through a few threads in the forum, if any of you know of a 4* A/I hotel for a better price at the beginning of the school Summer hols please let me know!

I quoted the price for two adults to keep it simple.

There could be three or four of us going, not sure yet, depends partly if my Son wants to come, but I'll base the price on two adults 14 nights A/I.
Philippa :D
Karen

Did you make a decision regarding your destination?
Hi Pippy, i am off to book 4star in Kos,with seperate bedroom, air con, aquapark, AI, etc, Firstchopice price £2700, Eclipse price £2545, phoned Lunn Poly and they said £2490 including flight meals etc, thats with a king size bed and sea view.Thats in school summer hols, day flights, on the beach, 3 adults ,1 free child, should be booked by 9.30 today if all goes well. karen
Karen

If you read this in time, could you do me a big fav?

Could you ask if they know of any other Tour Ops other than FC who go to the Conrad Sharm El Sheikh resort hotel, Sharm, Egypt please?
Ok Pippy will do, not going till 8.45, be about 3 hours cos got loads to do, I've written it down so i dont forget. x
Thanks ever so much :D

This is the hotel I'm thinking of booking.....

CLICK HERE

I'm going there this year too and so far the reviews have been mainly positive.
It looks fab, can you not book the hotel and flights seperate. My friend is there now in Sharm, flight cost her £230, hotel £250.
I agree with Karen see if you can do it DIY. I know you can book the Hilton hotels in Egypt seperately as I have been looking for next year and this certainly worked out cheaper than any tour operator prices.
I hadn't thought of that.

I'll have a look on the Conrad website, and in the flights forum, the only problem is I don't think flight prices are online this far in advance are they?
Just been on the website, based the price on the dates I'm going there this year and the room type I'm having this year...................

Room Description:
2 TWIN BEDS DELUXE SEA VIEW ROOM
HIGH FLOOR..MINI FRIDGE
SAFE DEPOSIT BOX..HAIRDRYER

Rate Detail:

Dates: 28 Jul 2005 - 11 Aug 2005

Rate per Room per Night:
130.00 USD

Total for Stay per Room:
Rate
1820.00 USD
Taxes
Service Charges
Total
2505.48 USD

Total for Stay:
2505.48 USD

Taxes above include:
# 12.00 % per room per night tax
# 10.00 % per room per night tax
# 2.00 % per room per night tax
# 12.00 % per room per stay primary service charge
# There is a credit card required for this reservation.
# If you wish to cancel, please do so 14 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.
Book now!

This is only for B&B, not A/I, anyone know how much this is in ££££'s please?

This is the price for two adults without flights.

I've paid £550 per adult A/I inc. flights for those dates.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.