Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
building work
8 Posts
I would get on to them again.

i think with a bit of pestering they will eventually allow you to change.

also check out the code of conduct for Abta and see if there is anything there that will help you. http://www.abta.com/download/codeofconduct.pdf

kath x
Thanks for that Kath. I've only liaised with them over the phone so perhaps a bit of face to face 'pestering' will do the trick. Even the girl at the travel agents thinks the decision is a bit silly. Was just hoping I could go in during the week and be able to say "this is wrong because......" rather than me going in not knowing what I'm talking about. Anyway, on a more positive note, now they know I'm on the case, that all important letter could have been posted out today.
That's absurd - don't pay it, as they sound so inflexible you might struggle to get it back. I can't think of any rhyme or reason why this might be the case.

I'm sure you will change without a penalty. Be firm in your dealings with them.
I'm going to give the letter a few days to arrive and then go into the travel agents. I'll get them to ring H/O while I'm there and ask them to explain that decision to me. Will let you know how I get on.
Hi Shaz
Just out of curiosity (I'm going to Goa for 3 weeks in November), which hotel is it?

Thanks
Polly
Soz haven't let you know outcome of this. Sent hubby back to the shop to do a bit of "pestering" as suggested by Kath. Hubby decided to go himself as he says I come across as a bit off-hand when I'm frustrated with something :lol:. Anyway, the girls in the shop were great and kept ringing head office. Subsequent calls to HO resulted in them saying they were unaware of any building work, which was strange as the previous week they had said they were sending letters out to customers informing them of this! They agreed to contact the hotel directly to find out if what we had told them was correct, and finally, after doing this, they agreed to let us change to a different hotel free of charge. I am now off to the Williams Hotel in Colva for what will hopefully be another great holiday in Goa.
One thing that this experience has highlighted for me is that although I could have got this holiday slightly cheaper booking via T/O website, Im sure I wouldn't have got this problem resolved as quickly (if at all) if I hadn't booked through a shop on the high street. Extra money well spent in my case and I can now look forward to my holiday :)
Glad you got things sorted Shaz.

Hope you have a lovely holiday :)
kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.