Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
BUILDING WORK
9 Posts
i would ask thomson if they have had any information about it, any complaints or comments from guests that have stayed there.
i dont think that they would let you change it free of charge as it is nothing that is related directly to your hotel. however it is definatly worth telling them you concerns and reasons for choosing that hotel. if you did want to change your hotel then it usualy costs between £15-£25 per person per change.
Where and when are you going?
Hi we are going to the Castell Playa Fiesta in Menorca in September.
Hi Londongirl
Sorry to hear about the holiday. I can only comment from my own experience. As Muzzy already mentions, find out what you can from your TO. Then do your own research. Use these websites to find out who else has been/is going and see if the information is the same or not. The building work may just be some minor upgrades. In which case it shouldn't affect you.
But if its not minor, then the TO should let people know whats going on if its in the area of your hotel. And again, call the TO, explain what you've told us and if its really bad then for a small fee you should be able to ammend your booking. I really hope your TO helps you as you sound as though you've had a bad time of things lately and the last thing you need is any more hassle.
You have some time to get this sorted. Act now. And i've been to Menorca and it was lovely. Perfect place for a rest.
Let us know how you get on.
Best wishes. :gluck
Have you read the postings on the menorca page of this forum, this is just getting going now, but the replies are interesting.
We went to Protaras last year, and the 2nd morning we were there, were woken up at 7.00a.m by building work been carried out just infront of our apts! We had not been given any warning from Thomas Cook that building work would be taking place. The local rep, would you believe, tried to fob us off, by saying they had only just started building them. Twaddle! :tut The Villas were over half finished, and they were even filling up the pools by the end of our 2nd week! The travel firm must have known, before our departure, about the work. As you can imagine, we were very annoyed. We even booked the mini cruise to Egypt, for 3 days, just so that we could get away from the noise for a bit! I wrote a letter when we came home, expressing our anger. :evil: We were plesently suprised, however, when they sent us a cheque for £390, which we could use on a future holiday. So we used it to book a holiday in Protaras again, for next year, Tip, Make sure you tell the rep while in resort if you have a complaint. Maybe too late if you leave it til you get home. :wink:
Thank you for your replies, I have finaly got Thomson to admit that there is building work still ongoing, they say it is a new appartment block being built 250mt from the hotel and that they did not know about this untill they contacted the resort office after my complaint. The information is now showing on their website, and we are looking at other Gold hotels to change to.
Londongirl :D
Having stayed in the Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa it is perched alone right at the top of the resort. Behind it was shrubland going upwards towards the middle of the island. I can't imagine they are building behind the hotel where the pool is so I would have thought any disruption would be limited.

If there is any building work I imagine it will be towards the right of the hotel if you were facing the sea. Also 250 metres seems a fair distance to me so again I would not have thought there would be much disruption. In fact when I stayed at the hotel 3 years ago they were building apartments in this area and we certainly didn't hear anything. You are more likely to hear from the kids club at the large hotel next to the beach. LOL
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.