Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello, Roundhead!
I share your concernes since I'm going to Lara Beach at the end of june. However, somebody said that heavy construction work is prohibited between May 1st and october 31st. Don't know for sure, but it would make sense, because Antalya is a touristic region.
I saw recent pictures of the construction site at hotelbewertung.de. You can see the pictures if you select Turkische Riviera, Lara, hotel Lara Beach, and then Urlaubsbilder at the top of the page.
Please tell me what you think of the pictures.
Thanks for the link although i came accross the same photos last night. It doesn't look good and the letter from Thomson did say that heavy machinery would be used whilst we were there! I will make sure i take the camcorder just incase the video needs to be sent as evidence to 'Holidays from Hell' !!! Hopefully the noise won't be too bad and it will just effect us when in the room on the balcony when we will be faced with the site opposite - i dont think you will be able to see much from ground level as there seems to be a high wall all around the complex.

I have just emailed the hotel and Thomson direct to see if they can shed any light on the situation. Hopefully i will have some good news to post shortly.

Let me know if you hear anything.
Im going to lara beach in june and i have not received any information about building work and building noise. I will probably get a letter through the post two weeks before we go. How do the travel companys get away with this, when i booked in january they must of known that they were building a new hotel next to lara beach hotel, this makes me very angry. Hopefully the noise will not be to bad and if any one has been recently or is going to lara beach could you let me know when you return how bad the noise is thanks, kazlin
Have you checked out our Holiday Advice section HERE

if they are warning you of the use of heavy machinery, the building category must be fairly high.

Let's hope we get some decent feedback from resort for you.

Kath HT Admin
Hi kath thanks for the advise very helpfull. Hopefully their will be no problem with building work, as i have not heard anything from the travel company as yet. Kazlin.
Hey, Roundhead! I'm a day late, as I see, but I still wanted to wish you a great stay at Lara Beach. I hope you will have a good time there, nice weather and the noise from the next door construction won't bother you too much. I read reviews that said the noise, though existed, was not a problem. Well, you could probably find that out for yourself since you are already there....!
Anyway, please tell us about that construction work when you come back. If possible, please ask the reception if the heavy building will stop for the summer.
Enjoy your stay in Lara!
we recieved aletter from My Travel on saturday saying they had pulled out of Lara Beach Hotel completely due to the building works, we were due to go on 27/05. they cannot offer us anything of the same standard due to the late notice. if there was anything i could do to still go i would. i have spoken to Memhet the Manager and he assured me the work would stop on the 30/05. i cant believe that My Travel cancelled our holiday for 3 days of building work. We tried desperatley to pursuade them to let us go but they wont. (i even offered to sign a disclaimer) My mother in law booked with Thomson and they are still letting them travel if they want too. Now we have family stuck there without us and two other friends and their families all in the same resort, i have not stopped crying yet. We booked it last July! :cry:
Oh, my God!!! I'm so sorry for that! I can't believe what is happenning to you. It must be awful. Have you tried to ask the hotel about the rooms you had reserved?
I mean if you had reservations and your agency just cancelled, those rooms had to go back to the hotel, if you knoy what I mean.
And if you had a contract can't you threaten to sue? I don't know if I'm clear enough, but I mean that the rooms you booked must be now available for some other agency or even at the hotel.
Good luck.
Is it not possible to keep the rooms via the hotel direct and try to get flights out there. Or could you not just buy the flight s from My Travel. I know its not fair on you and a lot of extra work, but you may be able to get out there. :cry:
hi going to titanic hotel in july,is this near the building work? or near this particular hotel?
Any more info on this would rest my mind,thanks :D
thanks for you advice, i contacted Memhet the Hotel manager, rooms still available, he gave us a v.good rate, got some flights for the same day, free transfer by the Hotel, in all it has cost not much more and we have got an extra room for the young lads in our party so they are thrilled too. :lol:

The Titanic Hotel is in the first run of Hotel as you aproach from Antalya so its along way from the building works.

If you go on Google maps and look for antalya, select Satalite image, follow the cost line to the right until you see a bare patch just on the outskirts, zoom in until you see the Hotels on the coast, this is Lara (they are nearly all building sites as this is a couple of years out of date but it gives you a good idea of where you are) Starting from Antalya side you have Barut Lara, then Kervansaray Lara, Miracle de Lux, Titanic, Lares Park, another complex in the middle - dont know which one, then Delphin Palace, another one, Concorde, Limak Lara, Sherwood Breezes, Royal Wings, Kervansaray Kundu, the BUILDING SITE and finally Lara Beach Hotel.
Hi all

Only arrived home at 4am today so just a quick note to say that we had the most fantastic time at the Hotel Lara Beach - i will post my review shortly. The building works did not effect us in the slightest. Although yes there are 2 new resorts being built either side of the Lara Beach, works seemed to be minimal for the entire week we were there. All foundation works are completed to one side and i dont think these will continue until after the season has ended. The other side there is just a shell of a hotel built with works continuing but this is a bit more in the distance and we did not hear a thing. Asthestically it did not cause a problem either - you could not really see much unless you were on your balcony or up the steps at the waterpark.

GO TO HOTEL LARA BEACH AND DON'T WORRY - if we had changed hotels before leaving we would have missed out on so much and for no reason at all.

As already said i will post a full review of the hotel over the next few days.

Lee
Hi roundhead 81 glad that u had a nice holiday.I was worried about going to lara beach hotel in june, but after reading that the building work did not affect your holiday,im am looking forward to my holiday now.I will keep an eye out for your hotel review, kazlin
Im going to Lara Beach on 24th June and have been very concerned about the building work, I have not heard a thing from Airtours so i emailed the hotel directly. I got this response from them yesterday.

First of all thank you for choosýng Hotel Lara Beach.You are rýght there were a buýldýng constructýon near our hotel but they fýnýshed to work becouse they aren't allowed to work durýng the summer season.

Please do not hesýtate to ask your further questýon.

Best Regards,

Evrim Ucar

So it seems the works have definitly stopped for the summer season, which has put my mind at rest, thought I would share this in case any others were worried about their holiday.
Hi roundhead81,i have not seen your hotel review yet, hope you do one soon as i will be intrested to hear what you thought of lara beach hotel .Kazlin.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.