Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hope you enjoyed your holiday.... how was the hotel. We're due to go out at the end of the month and have read some reviews about building works going on next door. Any comments you have would be great.

:hmmm Thanks
We had a fantastic time thank you! This was our first time to Bulgaria and I am happy to say it won't be our last!
The Marina Palace certainly didn't disappoint,we arrived at 3.30am and even in the dark it was impressive.The next morning we were able to appreciate our surroundings.The hotel as you probably know is only a year old and is very modern and contempory.Just inside is the reception,a bar area and two glass lifts.There are 5 floors of accomodation,with the 5th homing the spa/salon,swimming pool and the sky bar.The restauant is on the floor below reception which opens out with sea views.We were lucky enough to have a family room on the 4th floor with a huge corner balcony overlooking the sea.The hotel staff were wonderful they really couldn't do enough for you.We decided to do our trips with the Hotel instead of Balkan,only because we got to know the staff well,they were cheaper and a little more flexible with detours and stops!If you have children - the animation team of Monty and Ani are brilliant. The food is fine.We went half board and it was nothing less than you would expect from a hotel buffet.We never struggled to find something we liked but as anywhere it did get a little repetative, but this gave us the excuse to eat out a few times.The hotel is really well placed for Old Town Nessebar - which we fell in love with.From there you could get a bus or a boat to Sunny Beach or almost anywhere.There is a cashpoint in the middle of old town or the next nearest is at the Festa Panorama Hotel in South Sunny Beach. There is work going on on one side of the hotel and if you are on that side your balcony will overlook it but we were on the other side.My in laws were in one of those rooms and made very little comment about it - but they do still have a sea view! There is a small fairground across the road and down a bit which we overlooked but found this no nuisance at all.
I could go on and on about our holiday but it would probably get a little dull for everyone else - so if there is anything i can tell you about please let me know(flight,money,trips etc) I'm not an expert on Bulgaria just a very happy holiday maker!
One thing i will say is that Bulgaria is trying to get to grips with its popularity,but it still has a long way to go to meet the expectations of those who like to pay peanuts but demand 5*! But I think that those people will never be happy unless they've got something to moan about......
Welcome to HT zippyst.
I wonder if you would be happy to add your review here?
Thanks for this information, we are now looking forward to our holiday. Sounds as if you family had a fantastic time, hope we do likewise.

Just one thing, how close are the building works to the hotel? Oh yeah and was there a kettle in the rooms?????

Roll on 28th August.......... :fly
Thanks
:D
The building works are on one side next door to the hotel. All the construction works seem to be completed and all we saw was painting,tiling and internal works being done. It was definatley more interesting than annoying - watching the workers jump from one bit of dodgy scaffolding to another had my parents hooked!
Downside - no kettle,so just bring your own and don't forget the two pin adapter.
Make sure you get a good look around Old Nessebar - it really is fascinating.Loads of great restaurants and the shopping is brill!
We booked our trips with the hotel.We went up into the Blue Mountains but chickened out of the chairlift,then to Varna (the dolphinarium is a great show) for more shopping and lastly Sozopol,which is a really beautiful little coastal town. Going with the hotel staff (Monty and Ani) gave us a real insight into REAL Bulgarian life and seemed to tell us a lot more than any rep - just our opinion of course!
Hope this answers your queries,if not let me know
Annie
Annie

Thank you very much for all your information. I am really getting excited about going now. My husband and I are hill walkers so the Blue Mountains trip sounds right up our street. Oh yes and shopping, thats right up my street !!!!

Anyway I'm counting the days until we go and thanks again.

Jane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.