General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
They look good .I wonder if you can only use them on long hair and whether you can use them to tie hair back more successfully than the bullbog clip things . Mine is chin length and I still get hot and sweaty and usually resort to a head band to push it back in the day . They are so unflattering on me .

I've thought about getting a nice cotton headscarf or bandana for the day but these look good for the evening .
They look quite good,I've just ordered some from Amazon,only £3.49 including postage,thanks Stardust.
I have looked at these but wasn't sure if they'd work or more likely I wouldn't be able to use them properly. Saw them in Asda
Spent the last half hour watching tutorials on You tube!! Have ordered a 5pc set on ebay, £2.98 with free p+p. More gadgets!!!
I got some today from ASDA (£10 for a set)

I have bum length thick curly hair and they worked very well! They need a tiny bit of back combing but it's literally a case of lifting a section of hair and placing it in! There's a style guide in as well.

I'm not sure it felt secure when I tried it without anything else, I'd suggest having it as well as pulling the back sections together.

My friend tried them as well and she has shoulder length hair and they looked better on her... so I'd say anyone with medium length hair would look great with them!
I tried one from a demo stall, it looked good but not very secure. The lady did backcomb my hair quite a lot. I think with a gallon of hairspray it may feel a bit more secure but I declined to buy one as I knew it would just end up in a draw two weeks down the line. I have bras strap lenght fine hair and I can get the same effect without one anyways!
Now guess what I just bought from Ebay????? EZ combs!!!
I have EZ combs as well! They're great :D
Unfortunate name though. Surely just an expensive elastic band? Why not just plait it and save yourself the money?
Am I the only one reading it as Bum pit? Nearly as bad as pen island!
OOh just ordered a set of bumpits for my sons girlfriend and a set of EZ combs for the both of us . I will try one of the bumpits but think my hair is too short .
The ez comb is great. My hair takes far too long to plait if i just want it out the way and an elastic doesn't hold it all so they're great for that purpose. A lot more flattering than a plait as well.
Got my bumpits from ebay today!!! My hair still looks a mess :que I am hopeless at hair, full stop :rofl
:rofl :rofl Joolz . Not got mine yet but I was trying to practice with a bulldog thingy yesterday . I could only get the top bit to stay in but thought I would just leave it like that . My middle son was the only one to make a comment onlong the lines of "What ave you done to your barnet. It looks alright but a bit of a mess" . I took that as a compliment :rofl
:rofl :rofl

Got my EZ combs from Ebay today!!! Easier to use than the bumpits. Will keep practicing, think might be good for keeping hair up and off face when sunbathing.
That's what i've ordered my EZ combs for joolz . Hate all the sweaty hair hanging in my face so usually push it back with a hidious headband or wrap my sarong around my head like a turban . :rofl I find that solution very cooling so might get myself a pretty headcarf /bandana as well. I'm going armed with everything this year .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.