Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Wow,

Well that has changed since they did it up in 2000

John
Frudles

I had cause to complain to Butlins at Bognor a few years ago, they offered me a voucher toward my next :?: holiday, I wrote back advising them I would never waste my money on a return trip and they finally agreed to send me a cheque so put it all in writing to them and persevere, you might be able to treat Mum again to something better.
good luck
Lynn
Ditto. I have just been saying more or less the same thing in response to someone who asked about Butlins in another forum here.

My experience was also Minehead. Never again!
butlins is hit or miss,early in the season seems to be cleaner.we went in july and the room was dirty with dirty sheets,dead flys on the window ledge.we stopped going because the skyline was at the expence of loosing big names on the stage at night.
Hello, I know this thread is a few years old but I recently wrote to Butlins Minehead with a complaint, mainly about our Gold accomodation being missed out for cleaning (no beds changed, no welcome pack, no towels and generally very dirty) and both accomodations being completely covered in ants - we were moved from one ant filled place to another.
They have offered me a £100 off voucher towards another holiday taken within 12 months. Tbh, I wouldn't want to go back so soon anyway, even without all the problems and having paid out a lot of money £100 is a bit measly to offer us.
Silverpixie1uk said they then wrote back and received money (a cheque) instead. I just wondered if this member was still around here and if they had any tips on what to write. I don't know wether to write a letter that's aggressive (in style - not threatening!) and demanding or wether to just keep it factual and a general feeling of being let down?
Thanks.
Hi Sarah, I am indeed still around :lol: but I'm not really sure if I can help you get money back as our issues were around the camp being disabled accessible. I was advised it was when we booked but when we got there found nearly every exit to our chalet to be flooded which meant we either had to push an elderly lady in a wheelchair through 3" of water or walk miles in the rain half way round the camp to get to meals even though we could see the restaurant from the end of our path.
I was forced to play the " I will report you for discrimination" card, if we hadn't had the wheelchair we could have got through without walking round.
I think I would be polite but firm in that you paid for the Gold accommodation and your expectations were not met, that you do not intend to return and are expecting them to make you a better offer in the form of a cheque. I can also recommend speaking to Roz the solicitor whose number you can find on the forum somewhere, her advise is first rate.
You'll find that telephone number HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hello,

Thankyou for your help and information.
I'll get writing to them again now.

Thanks again!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.