Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
If not Kerrie you could always buy a bottle from duty free once through security here.
2 liters per passport provided your over 18 years old, And your passport is needed to purchase also.
on landing at dalaman there is a duty free shop by the baggage reclaim you can buy at your departure airport and buy again at dalaman just don't go mad :sun2
We always buy it in Duty Free at this end as there is always a special deal on.

Les
I agree. We have always found it cheaper in duty free Uk or on the plane. Dalaman Duty free was dearer than the supermarkets here.
Marg
Ps I suppose it depends on what you drink , my tipple is Gordon's gin.
There is nearly always a buy two bottles of branded spirits offer on the aircraft or at the UK airports. Used to be two for 15 pounds, but it may have gone up to two for 20 pounds. So if there are two of you, there is the potential to take four bottles with you into Turkey. If you want quality spirits I would think this might be the more sensible and more economic approach, I am sure you will be able to purchase your chosen mixers in Turkey, if the idea is to have a drink or your balcony of an evening.

Doe :)
Have noticed that you are talking about 2 litres of spirits, Has the allowance changed? If so is that for taking into Turkey or can we bring 4 litres back per couple to UK?

You can tell I do not keep up with the latest news....what else has changed?
Hi

I was answering from the perspective of what the original poster could take into Turkey as that was what their question was about. They said 'on arrival at Dalaman' so I assumed it was for their personal consumption whilst on holiday.
You can still only bring 1 litre each back into the UK from non EU countries.
Kerrianne, I don't actually know the prices of spirits anywhere as I don't buy them but I would think that Bacardi would be cheaper in the UK duty free. Bacardi and all imported spirits are always very expensive in resort as they are very hightly taxed in Turkey and there isn't a local equivalent of Bacardi as there is vodka or gin. If I was you I would get it before you come just in case. I also think that you can only take 1 litre each but you can check in the duty free shop when you buy it.
yes jay i believe that is the allowance you can always check on line at hm customs and excise site :sun2
Along the same lines really. We did not like the wine in Turkey last time there. Also found it expensive. So my question is how much wine would I be allowed to take into Turkey. As I have never really looked at Gatwick for wine before, can someone tell me if wines are available in duty free there? I am presuming they may be in boxes of say 2-3 bottles?
Thanks
Lorraine
They have wine boxes, you know the ones in the box with the silver bag in rather than boxes with bottles in, but I don't know how much you can take. Turkish wine is very expensive and as you say not particularly good so it would be worth taking some with you.
As we will be staying in a villa this time, I thought it would be nice to have some drinkable stuff with us.
Lorraine
There were individual bottles of red wine on sale at World Duty Free in Heathrow last month, I guess they are probably stocked in the other UK airports too. They didn't seem particularly cheap though - around £6.00 each.
I find branded spirits cheaper in the UK. Manchester airport usually have a deal on 3 70cl bottles for 20 quid. Usually Bacardi, Bells, Smirnof, gordons.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.