Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
not sure if it will affect you in buying as non muslims should be ok to eat and drink during this time as its the muslims who cannot.
I know you have no problem in the hotel bars but never done self catering.
Thank you.
I lived in Abu Dhabi for two years and Ramadan wasnt an issue at all, however different countries may have different protocol and procedures.
Thank you any way.
:-)
Europeans used to be able to buy alcohol in some supermarkets, in Sousse and PEK at least, but recently they seem to have tightened up the rules, and with the rise in religious fervour I think it may be even harder now. There will be no problems getting a drink in hotels but I wouldn't count on being able to buy alcohol in the supermarkets as I certainly couldn't last time I was there at that time of year. As there are quite a few of you going I would recommend that you each take your full quota of duty free.

Incidentally although restaurants and cafes will be open during the day you may be asked to sit inside during daylight hours (i.e. whilst Moslems are supposedly fasting). You may also find that taxis are rather scarce for about an hour each evening when the drivers go home for their long-awaited meal.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.