EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I would suggest that perhaps the following site has more residents than here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89
moved to the owners abroad forums

wizard
Hi Bonsai,

We bought through Cerro Novo and can highly recommend them.

Good luck with your search!
Roseweb,

I'm back! We've found a great place outside Albufeira in Tavagueria. As a concidence, it was through Cerro Novo!!!! Any hints/tips you care to pass on? In particular, how did you handle your currency transfers etc? :)
Bonzai, I had never heard of the place until you posted the name but found out it is near Guia, west of Albufeira so not too far from everything.We are East of Albufeira approx 1.5km of the bullring. We used HIFX for our currency when buying ours, with no problems whatsoever.Maybe other forum members will give you their experiences of currency companies they used when buying. Just one word of advice , make sure you use a good independant lawyer who will act in your best interest, and check all the paper work is ok on the property, before you sign a promessa contract.
As always, appreciate your help Jayjan!! :D
I used Foreign Currency Direct. I asked HIFX first then FCD gave me a better price. Perhaps if I had done it in reverse HIFX would have given a better price
Hi Bonzai,

Pleased to hear you've found somewhere! We're in France at the moment so can't look up our records but from memory hubby says he got 3 quotes (including HIFX) but went in the end, after playing one off against the other, with a company called something like Currencies Abroad. There were two companies called very similar names so it might have been something slightly different. We bought ahead and they put the money in a holding account until we needed it. No problems that we can remember.

Have you instructed a solicitor/lawyer?

Not quite sure where Tavagueira is but know it is on the back road up to Algarve Shopping from the Dolphin Roundabout.

Good luck with it all, but be prepared for the "amanha" approach and a lot of shrugging and "you must remember this IS Portugal" excuses for delays!!

Rosemary
roseweb wrote:

Good luck with it all, but be prepared for the "amanha" approach and a lot of shrugging and "you must remember this IS Portugal" excuses for delays!!

Rosemary

Please note this only applies when you are the one doing the waiting. If they want anything out of you they expect it NOW... :banghead:
:D was just thinking the same thing addick. We have been waiting of EDP putting an overpayment into our account but still waiting. Its different when we owe them, its taken out pronto.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.