Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Cala Bona
159 Posts
Hi I've booked a holiday for me and my partner (22 and 25 years of age) we know it is mostly for older people but we are quiet and so don't mind that. The only thing is I've read that the beach isn't really nice and it's not really good for swimming? Can anybody tell me what the beach is like and if anyone has any photos could you e mail them to me at **** Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Kate :D
*Admin edit - email removed to protect member from spam. Please make initial contact via pm and exchange email addies that way - Glynis*
Cala Bona beach is a bit rocky once you get out a little gentley slopes,and the sea is clear. The beach at Cala Millor is only a stroll away no rocks there but lots of people with those tents for shade.
Hi
Thanks for your reply! So is there a clear area where you can walk into the sea without any rocks or seaweed?
Thanks
Just to make it easy :D this is the London inn Website, it has some new pics

http://www.thelondoninncalabona.com/
If you slowly walk in you can avoid the rocks, there is not vast areas of rock free But enough to get in the sea. It doesn't spoil my holidays in Cala Bona, everything is just perfect!
Hiya lawdy

Yeah if you are somewhere near the Alicia the last breakwater is probably one of the best bits of beach, just next to the Burger king. There are some sunbeds too, only about three euros a day.

Garry
Hi Lawdy - as Garry says the beach by Burger King is nice and plenty of sunbeds.

There's a beach in front of the Hotel Levante - the pool area is for hotel guests only but as far as I'm aware anyone can use the beach there - we always take the kids up on a night to play with their bucket & spades and there's plenty of sunbeds there too.

One problem Cala Bona does have is the seaweed but you mainly see that in the rocky areas. Cala Millor has the best beach - very long and sea gently slopes so you can go out a fair way.
Hi Guys, thanks so much for your replies! I have heard that the council is trying to do something about the seaweed on the beach as apparently it makes good fertiliser so that is good!
Is the beach by Burger King far from the Levante? I know Cala Millor beach seems to be so much nicer but we are paying a lot of money to be by the beach and seems a shame to pay all that to have to walk into Cala Millor everyday to swim!
Thanks again for your help!
Where are you staying in Cala Bona?

The BK beach is walkable to the Levante beach - probably a couple of minutes - 5 tops really. Probably better walking along the beach otherwise you'll have to walk down side street near Hotel Moreyo and do a right at the bottom of that street.

Tis
Hi Tis

I am staying in the Levante hotel. Do you know how bad the beach is there with seaweed? To be honest I don't mind the rocks so much but don't fancy having to walk through seaweed yuck

Lawdy' don't worry about the seaweed! We spend a lot of time out there and got back 2 weeks ago. The beach and sea are lovely. The seaweed which does tend to wash up during the winter and spring has been cleared well before the main holiday season and will not return until later in the year. Enjoy yourself.
Martin
p.s. Enjoy your holiday Tis and give our love to Cala Bona!!
Martin
Kate - you shouldn't have any probs with the seaweed on the Levante beach (it tends to go more where the rocks are). There is direct access from the Levante pool area onto the beach so you won't have far to walk.

To be honest the only place that has major probs with seaweed is the small beach in Cala Millor near to where the taxi rank/tourist info is. When we went in 1999 it was clear and beautiful but in 2002 & 2004 it was unuseable due to the sheer amount of seaweed there. Last year they actually moved it all while we were there so it was useable for the last week or so.

Thanks Martin - I will indeed enjoy our holiday and give your love to Cala Bona - you just don't know how envious I am of you havign that gorgeous apartment out there so you can go whenever you want. I don't think I'd ever come back :D

Tis
I want to thank you guys for all your help! It's very kind of you! I am feeling much better about Cala Bona now! There must be some reason people keep returning lol!
Tis hope you have a lovely holiday!
Kate - you're most welcome - Cala Bona/Cala Millor are both fantastic resorts - you'll have a fantastic time.

They've done an 'upgrade' of the harbour area - haven't seen it in the flesh but have seen pics and it looks fantastic - I can't wait to get there and see it for myself as it's all changed since last year.

Will report back when I get home.

Tis
Thanks Tis!
When are you going?
Kate - we fly tomorrow! Just one more sleep left!
:hyper :hyper :hyper

I am VERY excited - now that we've sorted out the transfers problem that emerged yesterday I can relax (Ha Ha).

Tis :D
Hi Tis, glad it is all sorted for you!!! I have to laugh because I say "3 more sleeps" etc when I've got something to look forward to :lol:
Have a great time :!: :!:

Hi everyone,
Am going to get a taxi at Palma from one of the ranks to cala bona at 16:00 on the 22nd aug. Looking at some taxi sites it looks to be between 60 - 70 euros on the meter...is that about correct??
Also has the new motorway opened yet? as i,ve heard it will cut the travelling time down by about 20 mins.....will it also cut the cost of the taxi fare.

not really a tight wad just enquiring!! anyway cant wait anyway!!!!!!

roll on the 22nd.... :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.