Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi, we stayed in Cala Gracio at Hotel Tanit last July. Its lovely, very quiet, with a small beach and only one shop. However you are 15-20 mins walk into San Antonio,its a lovely walk along the front,which we did most days. Check out the sun setting near cafe Mambo, its not to be missed! Have a lovely time :sun2
hi
we have also stayed at the tanit opposite el coto for the last three years, but often pop over for drinks and bar meals. The staff are lovely and very friendly and the food and drink we found very reasonable. They genuinely appreciate your custom as the tanit is AI ! The outdoor terraces to the front are a great suntrap with pool tables or you can sit in the shaded canopy out the back which faces your apartments. There is a small pool which I have never seen anyone in - but was in working order and open! Around this is a sun terrace area with direct acess to the bar / restaurant.
To show how pleasent they are - my husband got a guided tour of an apartment last year but i stayed outside with my cocktail :) he said they were fine! If you google "el coto ibiza" you can get quite a few websites with photos

next door is the little spar shop which has some connection , i think the nice bloke here owns el coto.
basically thats all there is to Cala Gracio - tanit, el coto, spar, a few villas / apartments, aquarium ( couple of euros, big natural cave with different fish in, nice bar views )and the great little beach. best beach tip is walk to the next tiny bay via the rocks to the far side of the beach - it's beautiful and you'll get great sunset views from the rocks. If you want to walk about and try a few bars you need to go to san an,taxis are available for about 5e each way

hope thats helped a bit - have a great time!
Thanks for the info folks. I usually stay at Calo des Moro but this is my first stay at Cala Gracio. I have been there a few times before to go to the beaches and ate at Sa Bresca beach bar a few times too.
I am back and back at work :cry

Was going to do a wee review on this place but I see its not listed in the hotel reviews section. Any chance of getting it added please mods?
Hi Fraz .. your request has been passed on to Admin, hopefully the complex will be added to our reviews database later today.

David :wave
EDIT: now added, please click here.
Hi all. Some friends have booked the El Coto Apartments. We are staying at the Fiesta Milord. Are the two places within walking distance :) . On another post. someone said we could take a water taxi or 2 buses (I think). Any info appreciated.
Also any comments on El Coto welcome cos cant find many reviews.
your looking at around 45 min to an hour to get to your friends place.by the time you get a ferry boat over bay.and if you walk it.best get ferry boat over and get a taxi to resort.its a bit tricky to find if your not sure.if you fancy walking it.get of boat turn left follow coast path right round.its a nice walk passed sunset bars.keep walking round along seafront.you should be able to see the tanit hotel on the right.headinland on to main road.its really just before the tanit.on that road.
What up to an hour :yikes. How long in a taxi?
around 5 to 6 euro i guess.really its not that far .if you know the way.nice to walk through town.or like i sat along coast new path and then cut in.but only if you know the area.so treat yourself to a taxi.to be sure.
When we stayed at El Coto back in late May/June we took a taxi round the bay to Kumharas (very close to the Milord Hotel) and it costs us €8.

El Coto/Milord are at the opposite ends of San Antonio
Hi Fraz. 8 euros each way :yikes . There's six of us so we will need 2 taxis. Going to be quite expensive to meet up.
You would be best to meet half way in town than getting taxis to each others accommodation.
walk it on a nice day.or get the bus into town,then walk it.that way you get get to see more.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/ibiza/san-antonio-bay/hotels/fiesta-hotel-milord.html

click on map on the page then play around with it.ok.you cannot get lost
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.