Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
On 12th October 2010 at 06:13pm, harrisp3 said:
Hi,
Not sure if anyone is able to help answer my question but someone who lives in the cala gracio/san antonio part of Ibiza might know? Basically I stayed at the Acor Playa Apartments (behind the Hotel Tanit) in Cala Gracio back in Sept 1998 with some friends. Two of us went back to Ibiza last month and took a walk up to the Cala Gracio area where the Acor Playa Apartments were located. When we got there we found that the area around the complex looked like a building site half demolished buildings,walls and an empty swimming pool, even the acor sign had been painted over. I was wondering what happened to these apartments/hotel and why/when it was closed?

My memories of staying there back in 1998 were it was very good apartment with excellent rooms, equipment facilities. I also remember there being 2 swimming pools one in the main building area and another smaller pool right outside seperate block of apartments which I believe belonged to the Acor? but have a vague memory of guests being allocated the cala gracio apartments? However when I tried to find these when I went back their last month I couldn't see them any ideas?

I know their is the Cala Gracio Hotel which is a newer modern complex just down the road but this is different, thanks Paul
Hi. These apartments suffered from a gas leak so I guess that is why they have been demolished!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.