France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
bazjea

we have used the shuttle bus occassionally when we haven't taken the car.

Usually very regular, if a ferry etc is due in then a bus will generally be there outside the terminal. A few euros is all it costs, possibly 2-3 euros each.

Just be careful as the last bus leaves the town quite early. We realised this the last time and it was about 7pm, when the ferry we were on left at 9pm.

Bill
Thanks for reply Biltrac.
Could you tell me where the bus terminates in Calais. Is it close to the town centre?

Thanks
Yes it stops right in the centre. There were several stops you could get on and off at if my memory serves me right. There is a symbol on the bus stop which also gives you the times etc

have fun

just booked a day trip to Calais in a few weeks but we are taking the car as it was only £35 return for car and five people

Bill
Biiltrac
Thanks for that information.Have taken car over in the past. Just thought we would do a day trip without the car for a change

All the best
Baz
Last time I was there - it was 1.5 euros each way.

The bus stops near what I think is a market square, and also near the train station, the stops are only about 500 metres apart.
The 'market square' is the Place d'Armes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.