Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
there should be plenty open by then.
the beach boys is about 5 minutes from your hotel, and there are plenty others.
in your hotel i think that the girls will get a childrens AI card, so they wont be able to drink alcohol, but they do have a non-alcoholic cocktail for kids.
depending on how young they look when they put their going out faces on, you will probably be able to buy them cocktails in one of the bars near your hotel, and that is probably a better option than trying to get them a drink in the hotel.
its been a few years since i was last in calella , but the one time me and my daughter were there at that time of year there was hardly anything open , it was like walking around a ghost town , we stayed at the Esplai, the weather was awful my hubby and son went to torquay on a football tournament thats why we chose spain and the boys came back with sunburn , but in saying that we enjoyed our break as it was more relaxing , this might sound a negative report but it is only a short break so enjoy it , as for the cocktails for your daughter and friend as a adult you would be able to buy her the odd one or two on your card .
oh ek! Ghost Town?! :(

Hope it's a bit busier with it being a bank hol weekend!!

Like you say, we'll make the most of it, and hopefully find the 'Beach Boys' pub nearby for later on in the night when we're bored of the hotel!

The girls are asking if theres any clubs open? (We'll go in with them and try not to embarass them)
The Amaika is a nice hotel I've stayed there with some of my friends twice. There's 2 rooms where you can sit and drink. The entertainment room and a large TV room (what was a smoking room - not sure if it's still smoking room?). You can get your drinks from the bar/entertainment room and take them through to the TV room.

There's def a bar/club nearby as some of the girls went there one night. We didn't venture out of an evening so I can't recommend anywhere sorry.

Just checked reviews and it was 2008 when we were there :yikes Time flies.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-brava/calella/amaika-h.top-hotel/
Glad you can recommend the hotel!!

I've checked and it mainly gets good reviews on this site..

My aim is to pop in the gym first thing, is this part of the all inclusive do you know?
Not sure Nik. Can't remember seeing it - but we woudn't have looked :oops:

There's an email here but it's for the hotel chain so you'll have to stipulate Amaika in your enquiry. Also, if you request a top floor overlooking the pool, you may get a room with a sea view, as the higher floors poolside look over the top of the buildings in front. Plus this side gets the sun more.

online@htophotels.com

You may see what I mean here:- http://www.htophotels.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=47
Arghhh

Just checked the weather and it's cloudy and rainy all weekend!!!

:cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.