Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
....have seen it in several newsagents and Smiths; and very good it is too ! - and no, I'm not one of those people who stand and read through all the magazines...only had a quick peep.......it also has its own website;
http://www.campinginfrancemagazine.com
Thanks for your reply, have found the magazine now and it is fantastic! Such an informative guide, All we need now is an Outdoor France magzine covering all aspects!!!!

Happy Camping

Stu
yes you can buy it at WH Smiths but I wouldnt bother its a waste of£3.95 in one of the articles about driving on French motorways the journalist says that you cannot get fuel without a french credit card which is absolute nonsense and hasnt been the case for years.
Windmill everyone makes mistakes and journalists have the right to correct themselves. I have now read the magazine and think it is very informative.

Thanks for your advice though (not)
work for camping in france by any chance do we??!!!!!
I don't know who Frenchcamper is, but my name is Paul Richardson and I DO work for Camping in France. I note that windmillblackpool refers to an article in Camping In France magazine thus:

"in one of the articles about driving on French motorways the journalist says that you cannot get fuel without a french credit card which is absolute nonsense and hasnt been the case for years"

As the journalist who wrote the article in question, can I bring windmillblackpool's attention to the actual wording, as he/she seems to have misread it. It reads:

"You will have to buy petrol during normal opening hours by the way: 24 hour facilities are card operated and won't accept UK bank cards of any kind."

And this is absolutely true. You can use a UK bank card during opening hours at the petrol station's checkout, but not in the 24hr automatic pumps - they will not accept them.

The full text of the article can be read online at http://www.campinginfrancemagazine.com/tripplanner

If windmillblackpool still thinks that the magazine is rubbish and a waste of £3.95 then if they return it to me (the office address is on the website) with their address I will personally refund the money direct to them.

Paul Richardson
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.