France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Why on earth is it *an awful thought* to use a caravan with children. I have known many people have a jolly good holiday in a caravan with a few small children. It's depends what people can afford. It doesn't mean they will have a bad time.

It looks like you are very biased towards this holiday company Peter of York, I do hope they are paying you your loyalty bonus. Oh that's right £20.25

Back on topic.

Matthew there are many varied comments here. All in all from the views and opinions look carefully and choose carefully.
Whatever you choose and decide to do have a good holiday :)

Anna
Why on earth is it *an awful thought* to use a caravan with children.

I didn't actually say that. I was talking about a trailer filled to full capacity with eight persons. Unless of course you enjoy playing sardines.

The full discounts we got in June amounted to £422. In September £182.25 and in June 2010 £146.

They depend on where you go, and when both book and travel. The two companies, Keycamps and Eurocamps are not the same, and it can pay to stick with one.

This is where I came in, I've gone full circle.

Peter
We are doing 3 weeks next year (May), 2 of them are via Siblu in France (with the crossing included), and the total cost of my Siblu part is £380 ... we are doing a week in-between in Spain.

Even adding on the cost of fuel and tolls as predicted by Via Michelin, the holiday only comes to just over a grand

I'd say that's not too shabby!!
Dear me it does look like some people like to get their knickers in a twist.
Peter of York. All people are trying to say is that there ARE other alternatives to Keycamp. The accommodation YOU choose is personal to suit YOUR needs. I have stayed with both companies and like I said previously, both companies have gone downhill very much so over the last couple of years to the point I shall no longer book with either company. That's not to say anyone else would not enjoy their holiday.

I have now found a wonderful farmhouse to rent for my holiday with private pool (full size not postage stamp size) private lake, a home equiped with all mod cons, dishwasher, sat tv (mainly for the news) FREE wifi! which to be honest is excellent cost me 8 euros an hour last holiday. Washing machine.(6 euros a washload last time.) A real 3 piece suite with real armchairs, an electric kettle! Even linen and towels are provided. Sound expensive? £200 pw pp based on 4 sharing btw it has 4 bedrooms 3 double(2 en suite) 1 single and 1 foldaway to make it sleep 8. so it could be a very reasonably priced holiday for a family. To top it all it's the last couple of days of June and the rest in July so long light nights and finger crossed, warm weather.

Cider Monster looks like you got a cracking deal, will have to look that up :)
Enough with all this.
Personal choice is a wonderful thing.

Anna
Early season Anna, but yes i thought it was a good price. All good mobile homes too :)
Dear me it does look like some people like to get their knickers in a twist.

You will find that one of the great things about Holiday Truths is that we can agree to differ without getting offensive, but the most important thing is the we give advice truthfully as we see it, to the best of our ability.

Peter
I have been on and off this forum for many years. I do know how this works, I find some of your comments to really be unnecessary and that you cannot see beyond your own views.

Again personal choice is a wonderful thing, roll on my holiday with my family 2010.

Happy Keycamping to you and yours Peter of York.

Anna
OK guys, please do not be rude to each other. Keep to the topic and remember that not everybody agrees all the time.

Sarah
I haven't read every post fully but has anyone mentioned the Yelloh! chain. We took our van to one at Lacanau but they have fixed chalets there. Right next to the coast as well as a short walk to Lacanau itself. Lots of things to do for children there. The chalets looked really nice too....I had a look at their brochure for them and they seemed really well equipped.
You beat me to it squirrelchops. We started going to the Yelloh campsite at Le Ranolien ten years ago with Keycamps. On the third visit we had a lousy experience with Keycamps (search my previous posts the story is all there) and decided to look at booking direct with Yelloh, we have never looked back and now go there twice a year in June and August/September. To be honest even if the cost comparison was close, (which it never is) we would not go back to Keycamps or any other company. The quality of chalet and service which Yelloh provide is far superior. That is just my experience and each to their own but I would recommend everyone looks at Yelloh and other French companies.

John
squirrelchops wrote:
I haven't read every post fully but has anyone mentioned the Yelloh! chain. We took our van to one at Lacanau but they have fixed chalets there. Right next to the coast as well as a short walk to Lacanau itself. Lots of things to do for children there. The chalets looked really nice too....I had a look at their brochure for them and they seemed really well equipped.

Yelloh are a Very organised company
WE have only visited one of their sites when we used Camping Cheques
The site we stayed at didn't like those of us using the Cheques talking about any other site than Yelloh ones LOL it was as if there were no other caravan sites in France

But we were un-impressed by the camping facilities - the statics were fine from what we saw and seemd good value we just felt like we were in the way
Going over for 5 days camping next week with youngest son (13).

Any entertainment ideas around Loire Valley area (Angers)

Regards,

J.
Hope you are having a fab time Julian :tup

we were @ Le Ranolien last week for half term ( Eurocamp static) what a fab site! we are definitely going back next year

haven't braved taking our own tent or camper yet ,but maybe one day !
Cracking little municiple campsite in Valonges, about 12 miles south of Cherbourg :)
anyone had any experience of the campsite in Pons?
try asking / looking on ukcampsite.co.uk
~ Rachie B ~ wrote:
try asking / looking on ukcampsite.co.uk

Well if you 're not banned like a lot of us

Touring and Tenting is a far more Friendly place just like this forum
lmao what did you do to get banned ?! :que

I find it really good and friendly etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.