Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I emailed a resort 1 week ago and they haven't responded.

On the other hand another that I booked got back within an hour.

But in general a lot of resorts have email but no one to supervise... strange.
Blondepuff dont be put off by the lack or response i e-mailed one hotel at least 8-9 times before i actually got a response thats not including the phone calls But i got through in the END.
KEEP persevering it works. :pele :yipee
I once emailed the Osborne Resort with a request for long term rates and I did get a reply, unfortunatley it was about six months later. So not replying to emails seems to be par for the course in Goa Alan
well I have managed to book flights into Delhi and out of Mumbai, book a 5 day Golden Triangle trip and organise the hotels. Arrange 3 lots of internal flights, book a hotel in Mumbai.....but no-one in Goa could be bothered to let me book their hotel( apart from MD) I think we might just have to turn up. :bhead
Fiona,
We have booked an apartment in Candolim, bit pricey but good quality. would you like info?
Steve
thanks but don't think OH wants an apartment. Surely between now and next October someone will decide they want people to stay at their hotels???
The problem is that hoteliers in Goa have never really had to do much in order to fill their hotels, they have simply relied on the charter companies to do it for them. Hopefully more of them will start to realise that more and more people want to travel independently and make their own arrangements, in the same way that they have relaised that there is good money to be made from domestic tourism, not just from foreigners. Being Goa, this won't happen in a hurry though.......nothing does!
Fiona, try Carys Hotel in Calangute. We have been staying there for 8 years and will be back there at Easter for 2 weeks. He always replies to me within 24 hours. He doesn't take tour operators only recommendations. Only 100mtrs from beach, first road down to beach past Tibetan market going towards Baga. Can be seen on http://www.nivalink.com/carys. E-mail him direct on hotelcarys@yahoo.com. He is a bit more clued up than most as he spends all summer in Europe. Tell him Brenda & Liz told you to get in touch.
thanks brenda and liz- I'll take a look :D
edit- why not give it its first review? :wink:
goa
for samtheboater - can you tell me about your apt in Candolim and the flights please. Want to diy but packages seem cheaper. Thanks
oap,
We are going for 5 weeks, so go via Mumbai £300 with Virgin then £45 with spicejet to Goa. The place we are staying this time is a private apartment in an Acron complex in Candolim. the e-mail address is info@spice-villas.com, we negotiated a substantial discount on their basic rates.
We have seen other apartments in the complex and they are by far the best we have seen in Candolim. They are not cheap but have everything we were after.
You have to choose your flights carefully, prices vary by £100 over 1 week period.
goa
Thanks samtheboater -will look at this, I know where it is as we went to bookshop there. Looking to go in Nov.
Hi Fiona - we usually stay at the same place, family run 'Beach Holiday Home' (guest house) it might seem a little basic if your used to 4-5 stars but the rooms are clean, staff are helpful and polite and they do reply to emails, this time I got a reply same day! Sometimes my emails bounced back, but I just re-sent them and all was OK.
The 1st time we went was through an agency, but ever since we have booked by phone or online with only very minor difficulties. Its at the Fort Aguada end of Candolim and has always been peaceful!

Lannig
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.