Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Nicci,

Regarding inflatables, get them out there, they sell them at all the hotels.

Personally, i've never seen orange or any other squash for sale in Egypt over many visits although I have seen Lime cordial behind some bars for obvious reasons. Maybe I just haven't noticed it and someone will soon put me right, but i'm sure you'll be able to find something for the kids out there. They do sell all sorts of bottled and cartoned fruit drinks in the hotels.
Thanks for your quick reply will buy inflatables when we get out there. Still not sure about the squash so would be grateful for anyones advice.
Can't you pack some in your hold luggage?
Yes I have thought of packing some squash in my luggage but hubby would go mad if the bottle cracked and leaked all over our clothes etc already thinks wife is demented even thinking about squash and over fussy mother!!! :oops:
If you can get orange squash over there (I bet you can) it will certainly taste different to back here. I'd buy a bottle of two, seal them up in a plastic bag in case they leak then wrap in some clothes/towels for protection in the suitcase.
thanks again for replying cant believe people will help with such a trivial question.. Yes I will probably wrap a bottle up. Unless anyone knows better ie that I can get squash over there. Oh to have normal children that are not fussy. but maybe this will sort them out you never know !! :)
I'd do as Alan suggests, wrap it well and pop it in your case :wink:
There you go Pippy! That's your mum's task before she comes home from Sharm, to find out if you can buy orange squash! Tell her it's official business and very important! :lol: :lol: :lol:
can't believe how LOVELY everyone on this forum is! You are not being a fussy mum - I think your questions are justified! We are thinking of going to Sharm next year, and I would think about taking squash - sometimes real fruit juice can be a bit heavy and not very thirst quenching.
I too would be interested to know about the milk - is it pasteurised cow's milk? The reason I'm asking is that our littlest will be coming off formula by then and progressing on to cow's milk. Or maybe I should take lots of cartons of formula over there!!! Oh god, you've got me started now!!
Grab a passing goat and help yourself :lol:

Seriously though, I think cows milk must be available - my daughter didn't mention the taste being different, and the tea tasted fine.
hmm, not sure you can be too careful when it comes to babies - I can't work on the assumption that it will be there. Thanks anyway though :)
thanks again everyone and to lardylegs. :D if no further replies before I go away on the 12 oct I will post a note re juice and milk when I get back just incase there are any other over anxious mums worrying about their wee kids needs 8)
I will try and remember next time I text to ask my mum if she can pop round to the little supermarket near where she's staying to see if they sell anything resembling orange squash! If they do then it's likely most supermarkets would sell it I guess :wink:
Text sent, she's going to have a look this evening for you :wink:
very kind of you - thanks!
One of mine also only drinks squash - loathes fizzy drinks and gets bored with water unsurprisingly. As it's so important to keep them hydrated I ALWAYS take 2 large bottles of squash in hold baggage wherever we travel to help encourage her to drink. Have never yet had an issue (double bagged and rolled in a beach towel) in transit. We always take out insulated drinks bottles filled with squash on long straps when we are out and about which means the kids always have access to fluid!

Can't comment on Sharm but we have an apartment in El Gouna and have searched Hurghada in vain for anything resembling squash. The bigger supermarkets have the fruit syrup stuff that you may have seen in continental Europe (highly coloured and VERY sweet) which is pretty ghastly. Also Tang orange power and Trix lemon powder which you mix with water. These latter aren't TOOO bad (have seen Tang in sachets, but usually they come in dumpy cylinder-shaped containers with plastic lids) so long as you make up into an old water bottle and leave in the fridge overnight. If you mix and drink straight away they taste ....well....powdery!!!

I've actually taken to drinking the Trix myself (tastes like lemon barley water) and it's really refreshing

hope that helps - maybe I should start a squash export business???
Thanks again all of you. It sounds as though I will have to pack some orange squash in luggage in hold. Cant wait for my hol now only 12 days to go :D :D :D
Don't pack it yet Nicci, we may yet find the answer to this crucial question for you! :lol: :wink:

Regarding milk, they definitely sell cows milk, UHT I think, does that mean it's pasteurised? I'm sure Swiss must know but he probably wont read this thread because the title wont appeal to him! :roll:
Mum had a look in the little supermarket near her hotel and there was no orange squash, just Fanta and Coke.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.