Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
i think you can buy your trips from who ever you want last yr we went on the quad biking we booked in the town. when we arrived people from our hotel were on the same trip but they booked with thomas cook and it was over £10 more for the same trip i think the tour operators rip you off.
When in Hurghada in March, travelling with Thomas Cook we were advised Thomas Cook no longer operated any quad trips because of safety concerns. Don't know if this applies only to one particular provider in Hurghada or is a general policy.
You would need to talk to the appropriate rep, often they are on commission so you might expect they would be happy to take you. I've known it done elsewhere in Egypt.
Check the terms of your travel insurance though - if it has been taken with your tour operator they may not cover someone else's 'dangerous' activities. Likewise would any cover provided within the cost of the trip be applicable if you were travelling with a different company?
Hi

yes i have already got my insurance from an independent insurer whom i have used for years, so i am ok on that score. Unless i can help it, i do not use travel agents insurance, the insurance i take out pays me the next day, no paper work so i am very happy.
Hi,

We returned from the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Hoel on the 29th Aug.

The above poster uis correctin saying that Thoms Cook no longer do the quad bike trips. They have however replaced this trip with the Sand Buggy excursion. They are one and two seaters and also the family buggy which seats 4.

Regards,
Pat
We went to the Dominican Republic with Thomas Cook this August. The trip we wanted to go on - the outback safari, did not go on a day that suited us. The Thomas Cook spoke to another rep at the hotel and we went with them. No problems at all.
We went to the Costa del Sol DIY, booking everything direct, and MIL and hubby went on one of the Thomson's excursions.

luci :wave
Thank you everyone for your replies, i have several places now where i can go, i particularly want to do the sand buggies as well, they look fun.
Hi Derwentrocker,

Just to add, we booked the sand buggie trip when we were in Hurghada in August through Thomas Cook although we never booked the complete package through them.

Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.