Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Claire

I assume that this was booked as a package? although no expert I would say that if you cancel you will loose the full deposit and if it was a low deposit that you paid you will still be liable to pay the remaining amount due for the remaining full deposit, you should not be liable for the cost of any flights, just the full deposit only.

The villa we want is 'on request' and when I booked was given the impression that the request would be made and confirmed within a matter of days

I would imagine that somewhere in their T&C's there will be a clause that states requests are not guaranteed and that they have the right to offer you other accommodation of a similar or higher standard.

Here is their T&C's http://www.tcsignature.com/terms-and-conditions/
As a travel agent , when accomodation is on request it actually means that the company will have to contact their overseas supplier to see if the hotel/villa etc is available, a deposit is taken to ensure that there is not a change of heart if it then comes back confirmed. When schelduled flights are involved normally they are held on option until the accom. comes back confirmed. If the accomodation is not available then you can pick something else or get a full refund . Hope this clarifies it a bit but 5 weeks is a long time , the average time to hear back in my experience is around 3-5 days at the most . (from my experience).
Hi

Just to let you know I cancelled this holiday today with a full refund of my deposit. As the holiday was sold to me with the accommodation as 'on request' and they have not as yet confirmed the booking, I had the right to cancel with a nil charge. They cancelled the booking and refunded the deposit there and then on the phone.

Happily I have been able to re-book what I wanted with British Airways holidays at a really good price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.