General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
A pre booked holiday is a legitimate reason for your service to be postponed. You cannot ask to be excused if you book the holiday knowing the date you are being called - that could be construed as deliberately avoiding jury service.

fwh
thanks I still not sure where I will stand as I booked after being notified that I was citied to attend on 25.04.05 but as the holiday was 16.05.05 I didn't think it would be a problem Sheriff court cases normally only last a day or two Theprob has been that a high court case is overrunning (they use the same court) So instead of attending on 25.04 Iam still waiting to see if I will be picked I will just have to explain to the clerk and fingers crossed that I get picked or excused next week and not postponed again
this happened to me also 3yrs ago, my jury service finished on the friday and i was going on holiday on the saturday, i told the clerk that i would be unable to attend if the case ran over . this was ok , the clerk has a rough idea how long cases will take going on the information ,as court rooms are usually booked for a certain time .for example murder case court one always if there is the need , mostly you only get one case and are sitting around for the remainder of the two weeks ,, i sat in on two cases , which totaled in four days for the two ,, we were excused part of days and was not needed for the full two weeks , so was sent home on the wedensday two days earlier than planned ,, im sure it will be ok only difference is you are in scotland and it may be different ,, just turn up on the day and explain. we had a pregnant lady due anytime who had to attend but after 3 days they let her go
Hi fionay
If you keep getting called write to them and tell them you have been before. At the end of last year I was called for the fourth time and I wrote a nice letter asking that if it was a random selection why my name kept coming up. I expected them to say can't help it, but was delighted to receive a letter of apology for inconvenience, stating that my name would be removed from list and that I would never be called again, I was so happy, kept the letter as proof though!!
Good luck I am sure it will be OK
Have a great holiday
:wink:
Luckily enough I have never been called. But am sure that it is awful if you are called and have something else booked. Just explain am sure you will have no problems and hope you enjoy your holidays.

Carol
Thanks eveyone you have made me feel a bit better. Fingers crossed it will all be ok. I can't help bit feel I had better not buy stuff fo my hols in case I jinx it! So no sun cream etc until after next week. Will let you know how I get on
Fi
I'm demob happy!! Turned up to the cout today as instructed after being postponed last week. Sat about for an hour and a half and then the accused changed his plea to guilty to we were all dischaged Hurray. Now I can concentrate on looking foward to getting to Turkey on 16th May
Good news Fiona!
Hello all

I presume they choose people for jury service off the electrol register? I am 40 and have never been called up but would love to. My friend has been called up about 10 times.

:?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.